Ventura Brochure Error - Can't have what we booked!!!

K8T

One thing to remember is that the brochure was compiled while the ship is still being built!!! therefore if for some technical reason the room layouts now change hey presto you now get a letter...

better they told you now than let you board and find out !!!

Having seen the documentaries ( On Discovery) about the building of Oriana and Aurora, you will see they are constantly making amendments to the designs as it becomes necessary during the built process for what ever reason.

P&O do seem to being fair to you,

We are new cruisers to P&O and have had the same problem, no all that impressed with the customer services so far! P&O have ignored my first letter of complaint, I have sent another! P&O will lose a number of customers if they are not careful, especially with the growing market and competition from other cruise lines!

P&O must have known of this problem prior to construction; the carnival group had five ships on order 4 of which follow the same blueprints, e.g. the Emerald Princess is identical in layout to the ventura and I am certain that the next princess ship due after Ventura will be of the same design.

Also I could accept that P&O was unaware of the problem, but why wait for so long, before informing the passengers, the cabins are made away from site and simply slotted into place.

I may me synical be I feel P&O know of this problem and wanted to get bookings; we booked the day the cruise went on sale; many if not most of the cabins were sold out on that day! So P&O have the customers and the cruise is weightlisted so there will always be customers.

If I don't get satisfaction I won't be traveling on P&O again in the future!

P&O Arcadia - Canaries

Star Princess - Caribean

P&O Ventura - Balitc

We are new cruisers to P&O and have had the same problem, no all that impressed with the customer services so far! P&O have ignored my first letter of complaint, I have sent another! P&O will lose a number of customers if they are not careful, especially with the growing market and competition from other cruise lines!

P&O must have known of this problem prior to construction; the carnival group had five ships on order 4 of which follow the same blueprints, e.g. the Emerald Princess is identical in layout to the ventura and I am certain that the next princess ship due after Ventura will be of the same design.

Also I could accept that P&O was unaware of the problem, but why wait for so long, before informing the passengers, the cabins are made away from site and simply slotted into place.

I may me synical be I feel P&O know of this problem and wanted to get bookings; we booked the day the cruise went on sale; many if not most of the cabins were sold out on that day! So P&O have the customers and the cruise is weightlisted so there will always be customers.

If I don't get satisfaction I won't be traveling on P&O again in the future!

P&O Arcadia - Canaries

Star Princess - Caribean

P&O Ventura - Balitc

Like I have said to Kate just keep complaining dont give up

Dear All

The saga continues, I have sent a letter off and will wait. The deadline for us to let them know what we want is tomorrow or apparently we 'will incurr extra charges'. Not sure what these are!?

I appreciate what you are saying about two others in the room and this is probably what we will have to do, one of us will have to sleep up on a bunk, but this is not what we wanted, hence booking this type of room. We aren't new to cruising and have never had to have bunks, apart from when we booked in September this year with two weeks notice and accepted two lower and two upper, just because we wanted a quick break, but it was in all honesty horrible sleeping up there and that was only for a week!

Hopehouse, you have a disabled child and it should be more important for you not to be put in this situation and you should take precedent over anybody else, but I suppose they are hoping, like you have done, that passengers will just accept it.

Nathan 711 I agree with the customer service, it has been awful and we have never experienced the like before. We too booked on the second day of bookings opening (their system crashed the first day!). When we rang in September, having been told of the change, a very rude guy said that we would have been told at the time of booking that it was upper berths and therefore it was 'our fault'!!!! He told the travel agent that P&O knew about this very early on!

I can't quite understand this, as if they knew back in April, why have they taken so long to let us know? Someone is telling 'porky pies' somewhere along the line. I fear, like you, they wanted the bookings. It will be interesting to see how you get on too, but legally they have fulfilled their obligations, although have handled it extremely badly.

Morgans you are correct that they are not forcing us for our daughter to sleep in an upper berth, but because we didn't want any of us to be in an upper berth, this is why we booked the room we did, only to be told five months later, that we can't have what we booked, so they are forcing one of us to sleep in an upper berth, unless we upgrade or cancel.

Loobylou, not all ships are like this, that is why we choose the ones that we do, so we don't have bunks, even on our first cruise on the Canberra, where bunks were the norm, we have never had them!

We may have to accept this holiday, an alternative isn't available within P&O at the price and the dates we can go and the upgrade is £2,900 now, as a majority of the other suites have been sold!

We will not be travelling with P&O again after this and I am extremely tempted to cancel to be honest, but our daughter was quite upset when we told her that we may not be going on the 'Noddy' ship, but another one instead and we would like to go on this ship it is the customer service/care, that is appalling, not the staff and service on the ships.

Watch this space!

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

Well

Having written my letter and sent it off around the 15th November, we still haven't heard anything back from P&O Customer Service. Not what I would call 'service'.

Last time they took four weeks to reply, looks like it is going to be longer this time, yet they gave us 10 days!!!

Looks like they will run it on until we have no option, but to accept what is offered and we will end up with bunks!

However, we have booked another cruise in January on the Disney ship, but will still do the Ventura, as a swansong!!! We have made the decision never to go with P&O again after this shoddy service and the agency is not booking anymore cruises with them either.

Keep watching!

Kate

P.S No bunks on the Disney ship!!

Hi there

Well finally we received a reply from P&O. Firstly, it was a very apologetic letter, but they will not give any ground and change the cabin, unless we upgrade and pay the extra, so either cancel or put up with it.

They have said that they knew about the error on 5th April and issued a sales bulletin to travel agents. We are part of the travel agents and no one can remember it coming in, however we get so many bulletins and special offers, that it could just have been lost in the mass.

Having said that, if it had booking references or names on it, it would have been picked up immediately, as it is the MD's booking and the staff would have seen that immediately!!

P&O said ' we assumed the agents would notify passenger, but some time later, it transpired that this information had not been passed on.....I hope this explains why it took until September to issue a formal letter....'

Basically if it was a round robin letter, no they would have not. Why didn't P&O contact customers themsleves, or give the references on the letters so the TA could do it?!!! At least we could have changed cruises, or there would have been alternative cabins to upgrade to on that cruise. September was way to late.

So this is the end of the line for us, I think we are going to go ahead with the cruise, but will make a decision this week, they made no mention of 'extra charges' in this letter, so I am presuming if we cancel then we will be able to without charge.

We have also booked another cruise in January on the Disney Ship, (WITHOUT BUNKS), it will be interesting if nothing else, so missing Noddy won't be such a problem for our daughter when there is Mickey to see!!!

Nathan 711, let me know if you have heard anything back yet, it would be interesting to hear if you have any more luck.

Got the Exotic brochure this week too, and DH would like to do a Sydney one next year, but I am really reluctant to give P&O my money. I can hear Silver Seas calling!!!!;)

Kate

Hi there

Well finally we received a reply from P&O. Firstly, it was a very apologetic letter, but they will not give any ground and change the cabin, unless we upgrade and pay the extra, so either cancel or put up with it.

They have said that they knew about the error on 5th April and issued a sales bulletin to travel agents. We are part of the travel agents and no one can remember it coming in, however we get so many bulletins and special offers, that it could just have been lost in the mass.

Having said that, if it had booking references or names on it, it would have been picked up immediately, as it is the MD's booking and the staff would have seen that immediately!!

P&O said ' we assumed the agents would notify passenger, but some time later, it transpired that this information had not been passed on.....I hope this explains why it took until September to issue a formal letter....'

Basically if it was a round robin letter, no they would have not. Why didn't P&O contact customers themsleves, or give the references on the letters so the TA could do it?!!! At least we could have changed cruises, or there would have been alternative cabins to upgrade to on that cruise. September was way to late.

So this is the end of the line for us, I think we are going to go ahead with the cruise, but will make a decision this week, they made no mention of 'extra charges' in this letter, so I am presuming if we cancel then we will be able to without charge.

We have also booked another cruise in January on the Disney Ship, (WITHOUT BUNKS), it will be interesting if nothing else, so missing Noddy won't be such a problem for our daughter when there is Mickey to see!!!

Nathan 711, let me know if you have heard anything back yet, it would be interesting to hear if you have any more luck.

Got the Exotic brochure this week too, and DH would like to do a Sydney one next year, but I am really reluctant to give P&O my money. I can hear Silver Seas calling!!!!;)

Kate

I would contact them again and ask them directly if they wrote to your travel agents dont mention that you a member of the travel agents and if they say yes then reveal to them that you are part of that travel agents and YOU never received any correspondance on this matter and you have asked around the branch and none of them got a copy so who was the letter addressed to etc. Dont give in without a fight

Sounds to me like they have made a mistake and just dont want to take the blame so are blaming the TA stick to your guns dont take any c*** from them

Donna

Hi there

Kate

I would contact them again and ask them directly if they wrote to your travel agents dont mention that you a member of the travel agents and if they say yes then reveal to them that you are part of that travel agents and YOU never received any correspondance on this matter and you have asked around the branch and none of them got a copy so who was the letter addressed to etc. Dont give in without a fight

Sounds to me like they have made a mistake and just dont want to take the blame so are blaming the TA stick to your guns dont take any c*** from them

Donna

Hi there

Kate

Donna

Hi there

Kate

Donna

Donna

Thanks Donna

They know we are incorporated with the travel agency, as we wrote to them on headed paper - my DH is a director! Thankfully this has happened to us and not a client. I have asked the staff in the shop if they had anything, but no one can recall it, but they are bombarded daily with faxes with offers and announcements, so unless it specifically had references and clients names on it, it may have been missed in the mass of paper.

I am tempted to ask for a copy of the letter, to see what it had on it any references or names, but it is very poor of them to blame it on TA's, there is nothing they can do, but try and calm an irate client, which they will probably lose in the future.

I am fast losing the will to live and think we just have to put it down to experience. Mind you from being a high P&O booking agency, we haven't booked anything since!

Kate

Thanks Donna

They know we are incorporated with the travel agency, as we wrote to them on headed paper - my DH is a director! Thankfully this has happened to us and not a client. I have asked the staff in the shop if they had anything, but no one can recall it, but they are bombarded daily with faxes with offers and announcements, so unless it specifically had references and clients names on it, it may have been missed in the mass of paper.

I am tempted to ask for a copy of the letter, to see what it had on it any references or names, but it is very poor of them to blame it on TA's, there is nothing they can do, but try and calm an irate client, which they will probably lose in the future.

I am fast losing the will to live and think we just have to put it down to experience. Mind you from being a high P&O booking agency, we haven't booked anything since!

Kate

I would do that - as for a copy - and I still wouldn't go away. Keep nagging away at them about how unhappy you are. Stamps are ony 32p (I think) and it gives them a bit of work to do you never know if no cabin upgrade at a better price maybe a bit of onboard credit.

Archived