Dining assignments

2Okies

We have friends traveling w/us on the Carnival Conquest. They made their travel arrangements through a different travel agency than us. However, we want to be seated at the same dining table. We have all requested the same dining time. Will we be able to make arrangements to be seated at the same dining table once we board the ship? Has anyone else ever done this? How do you go about it?

The easiest thing to do is link your booking numbers. Get your friend's booking number and call your agent and have them link the bookings. Although I'm not quite sure this is possible with an agent other than Carnival. I have only booked through Carnival so I don't know if you can link booking made by other agents, if I had to guess I would say that it is possible. Call you agent to find out.

If the bookings are linked you will be seated together. Your other option is to speak to the Maitre D once you board, but I would try to link the bookings first.

Thanks. We have linked them - we think. My travel agent is working on. She just said no guarantees. Just wondered if anyone else has had this experience before. Won't be any fun if we can't all eat together. This will be my friend's first cruise, so just wanted to share that experience w/them.

Yes, you can have your bookings linked even if you have used different agents. You each need to contact your agents with the other persons booking numbers and the agents need to contact Carnival to have the bookings linked. It is possible to make the arrangements once on board but more difficult. They may not be able to accommodate your request. Best to do it in advance.

I hope that you can all sit together since this what you want. I am going on a cruise with friends who I see on a regular basis. I will not be upset if we don't all eat together. I like to meet new people and since I see these friends I don't see the need to have dinner with them. I will see them on the cruise and we can catch up then.

Robb

Archived