Cagney's for breakfast & lunch question

shepirate

Hi all again,

I've got another NCL cruise question. My husband & I just booked a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise in January on the Pearl (wanted to experience NCL and their ships before booking a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in 2008/09) and will be in an AD Romance Suite, cabin #10664.

My questions is about the perks. I've read quite a few posts stating that categories AE and up (which would include AD) are able to dine at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, but when I talked to my booking agent at NCL, she said no. Only level A1 gets that perk, no one else. Didn't make sense to me, so I thought I'd ask you all about it. The agent also told me the only difference in perks from level A3/A4 and AD was the private courtyard and pool.

Anyone just get back from a Pearl cruise in the Caribbean that can answer my question?

Thanks so much ... this message board is great!

Bridget

Hi all again,

I've got another NCL cruise question. My husband & I just booked a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise in January on the Pearl (wanted to experience NCL and their ships before booking a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in 2008/09) and will be in an AD Romance Suite, cabin #10664.

My questions is about the perks. I've read quite a few posts stating that categories AE and up (which would include AD) are able to dine at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, but when I talked to my booking agent at NCL, she said no. Only level A1 gets that perk, no one else. Didn't make sense to me, so I thought I'd ask you all about it. The agent also told me the only difference in perks from level A3/A4 and AD was the private courtyard and pool.

Anyone just get back from a Pearl cruise in the Caribbean that can answer my question?

Thanks so much ... this message board is great!

Bridget

We had an AD Suite 10164 on the Pearl last December in the Caribbean. We ate at Cagney's in the morning (Very Nice), never did lunch there, were too busy on adventures. This is part of the Suite Perks. Enjoy!

http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/suites.html

We were in an AC (Alaska, this Sept) and did have the use of Cagneys for breakfast and lunch.

There was a letter in the stateroom asking us not to bring guests to Cagneys. My parents were on the cruise with us in an AF minisuite so I asked Karin (concierge) if it would be a problem if they occasionally joined us. It was Karin's first day on the job. She said according to the rules Cagneys was strictly limited to suite guests but offered to check to see how busy it was before giving an answer. She checked and answer was yes, parents were welcome to join us. Think parents joined us 3 or 4 times at Cagneys. Sometimes we all ate in the "buffet" because there really is great variety of food and quality was fine. Cagneys menu was good but same everyday. Service was wonderful :)

A suite perk i had read about on boards but according to butler does not exist is having desert or appetizer delivered to suite from specialty restaurant without paying the restaurant service charge. It wasn't a big deal to me so i didn't pursue it after he said he checked with restaurant mgr and answer was no.

Enjoy your AD and your cruise

kj

We had an AD Suite 10164 on the Pearl last December in the Caribbean. We ate at Cagney's in the morning (Very Nice), never did lunch there, were too busy on adventures. This is part of the Suite Perks. Enjoy!

http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/suites.html

Thanks!! I think NCL reservations just doesn't know about the perk. Glad to hear it does exist!

I'm in a Romance Suite - NOW! - and yes, we get Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, VIP embarcation, the works.

I'll post a full blog when we get back, but so far, so good.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise!! I'll look for your full blog when you return. :)

You pay nothing extra! You have to have your key card coded though to get into the Star Bar/Concierge Lounge (all Suite Key Cards are coded for access (NO Mini Suite))! There will be a waitress/waiter then bringing you to a available table and serve you a great breakfast or lunch..and yes the Menu is diferent to what you get in the other restaurants.

I've died and gone to heaven! I can't hardly wait for the Gem!!!

Thanks, Brunolvr!!!

Make sure you try the Belgian waffles or the Tahitian French Toast, then you will KNOW your in heaven. Better yet, order both each morning. :eek:

We were able to use Cagney's on the Pearl YVR-LAX repo cruise last week and it was a wonderful way to start the day.

Enjoy

CA

We were in an AB suite in August, and my parents were in the adjoining AF. We were told there was no problem bringing my parents along to the VIP breakfasts and lunches at Cagneys when we asked about it.

The breakfasts had the same menu every day, but there was a good variety so it didn't really matter at all. They were even very happy to take slightly "special" orders. (my one dd didn't want a fruit plate, but loves a mix of kiwi and raspberries, and they managed to spoil her with exactly what she asked for)

The VIP lunches had a different menu every day... and we really tried to schedule some of our days so that we could make it there for lunch because it was so wonderful!LOL

We didn't need any special access though... the doors were always open. The odd time we saw "regular" passengers venture in and be turned away, and I really felt badly for them. (they were really missing out!)

Here's a copy of Cagney's breakfast menu. It's the same every day and the food is very delicious!

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2705597590077124157BtwIsV

Wow, that looks great! Good thing they have a gym onboard ... something tells me I'm going to be using it every day!! LOL :)

Thanks so much everyone for all your input!

Happy Cruising!

Bridget

We were in an AB suite in August, and my parents were in the adjoining AF. We were told there was no problem bringing my parents along to the VIP breakfasts and lunches at Cagneys when we asked about it.

I heard that in cases like that where the connecting AF is tied to the AB they do get those perks. It makes for a good reason to go that route if you need the room.

The breakfasts had the same menu every day, but there was a good variety so it didn't really matter at all. They were even very happy to take slightly "special" orders. (my one dd didn't want a fruit plate, but loves a mix of kiwi and raspberries, and they managed to spoil her with exactly what she asked for)

The VIP lunches had a different menu every day... and we really tried to schedule some of our days so that we could make it there for lunch because it was so wonderful!LOL

You make it sound so wonderful. We are booked in a Romance Suite (AD) for our 19 day repo cruise next fall so will have access to Cagneys. As mentioned by shepirate, good thing they have a gym on board! ;)

Pete

Archived