Mini Suite Perks...??

halliewd

OK….sounds as if with most suites you get all sorts of perks. Besides a tub, what do you get with an AF mini suite on the Sun??

Priority embarkation, priority tendering?.......if so how do these work?

We honestly don’t care about captain parties and dinner etc…..just want to take advantage of getting to the front of the line if we can :D

I have never been on the Sun, but I have stayed in a Mini-Suite (AF) on the Dawn and there are no priority passes given out for these cabins. I don't even know if concierge is a perk anymore. I heard that they are doing away with this as of 1/01/08.

Hope this helps....have a great cruise.

No real perks for mini-suites on NCL. The priority embarkation/disembarkation, butler, captain's VIP cocktail party, Cagney's breakfast/lunch (on certain ships), etc. and so forth is for full suites only. Mini suites had concierge service included, but it sounds like that's been discontinued. I suspect that's because the newer ships have so many mini suites that the concierge couldn't possibly manage them all, and of course full suites would be given priority over the mini suites.

It is the same on all NCL ships regarding the mini suite perks (or that is, non-perks). Hope you enjoy your cruise anyway.

beachchick

OK….sounds as if with most suites you get all sorts of perks. Besides a tub, what do you get with an AF mini suite on the Sun??

Priority embarkation, priority tendering?.......if so how do these work?

We honestly don’t care about captain parties and dinner etc…..just want to take advantage of getting to the front of the line if we can :D

Not sure when you are sailing?

Upsell to an AE...you will receive the perks;)

Cosmo,

what is the difference between a AF and a AE mini suite on NCL Sun

is it afl vs forward .....or level (pool vs Floyd)

we have a AF mini suite book and it is straight foward on the pool level...I resently noticed there are some AE mini suite but are afl and on a lower level

ooops.......:confused:

Just rechecked....we have a AE on the pool deck not a AF.....and it looks like AE are all foward and a titch larger.....AF are a bit smaller and on lower levels

What I really want is Priority embarkation, priority tendering type perks....hate waiting :D

We stayed in mini suite 11512 AF, forward, our last time on the Dawn, and we did get a fruit bowl. The water was not free, the concierge did not contact us, but we could have called her if we needed her services.

The perks for a mini are not anywhere near the same level as for the higher suites. The concierge was always in contact with us when we've stayed in those, calling or stopping by at least twice a day.

We didn't bother trying to get off early, but took our time with breakfast. It doesn't seem to take long to get off the ship.

angeljt

What did you think of the forward room.....I've heard mixed review of the forward wind and room lights bothering the bridge at night so have to keep drapes closed

Would love to hear your thought

We do a lot of forward cruising and love it. We've never had a problem with too much rocking and rolling or being seasick. Could be that we've just had great weather, but we've also spent time midship and it seems the same to me. The wind and the lights never bothered us either. The forward balconies can be windy when you're out at sea and traveling at a good clip, but it's absolutely beautiful to have that view.

We've been very lucky and had a side and forward balcony on the Dawn, so we could use the side balcony when it was too windy for the forward one.

I've read where so many people love the aft balconies and would like to try one sometime also.

Jackie

• Administrators
Does anyone know if there are any perks on the NCL Pearl in cat AF? I'm sailing next month and just upgraded.....

You can look forward to a larger cabin (166 sf for a BA balcony versus 229 for an AF) and a bathroom with a larger bathtub/shower combo (regular cabins have a shower). Have a marvelous cruise! :)

We are cruising on the dawn in feb. We have 2 cabins an AG Pentouse and AF Mini. My DH is in the AB and I am in the AF because we both belong to Unions and were able to get a pretty decent discount on each room. So, will I still be able to get the perks with him....or would they make us board separatly, tender separatly, and eat separatly...at least the breakfast and lunch in cagneys?:confused:

We are cruising on the dawn in feb. We have 2 cabins an AG Pentouse and AF Mini. My DH is in the AB and I am in the AF because we both belong to Unions and were able to get a pretty decent discount on each room. So, will I still be able to get the perks with him....or would they make us board separatly, tender separatly, and eat separatly...at least the breakfast and lunch in cagneys?:confused:

Check out post #18 in this thread concerning Cagney's: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=638106

And as I mentioned a little later in the thread, I believe they treat the connecting AF like an extra bedroom of the AB (as long as it's set up as linked - which it looks like you've done).

Besides Cagney's, as long as you're together, I think the perks would hold.

Definitely, a connecting AB / AF with the same booking number will get all the perks (how could they not, really?)

I thought it would be OK, I just started reading this post about how Minis had NO perks, and I started to get scared. Thanks so much odblnt and Salty for the responses.

We were in an AB on the Dawn in August. Cagney's did not have the suite passenger breakfast and lunch option.

Cagney's was open for lunch on sea days for anyone who wanted to pay the cover charge. It was the same menu as dinner.

If you have an AB with an adjoining AF it should not be a problem to board together. Others have reported that this worked fine for them without any problem.

We were in an AB on the Dawn in August. Cagney's did not have the suite passenger breakfast and lunch option.

Cagney's was open for lunch on sea days for anyone who wanted to pay the cover charge. It was the same menu as dinner.

From our experience, Cagney's breakfast and lunch for suite passengers started with the Jewel. And is also on the Pearl and I assume will be on the Gem.

On the Dawn in July, Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Bamboo were all open for lunch with the dinner menu and the dinner cover charge. We were told it was to give passengers who had trouble obtaining dinner reservations at these restaurants a chance to dine in them.

ooops.......:confused:

Just rechecked....we have a AE on the pool deck not a AF.....and it looks like AE are all foward and a titch larger.....AF are a bit smaller and on lower levels

What I really want is Priority embarkation, priority tendering type perks....hate waiting :D

I haven't sailed the Sun but on the Dawn and Jewel the AE is a penthouse suite. If that is the category (penthouse) for the sun also, we had butler/concierge/priority boarding and priority tendering.

Also, as far as your lights and the bridge. When we've been COMPLETELY forward (at the bow not a fwd., cabin with a balcony on the side) they have always requested that we do not use the balcony light at night. But, our balcony has always been on the deck directly under the bridge.

You may want to start a new thread "AE on the Sun" and then you may receive responses from posters who have sailed an AE on the Sun:)

From our experience, Cagney's breakfast and lunch for suite passengers started with the Jewel. And is also on the Pearl and I assume will be on the Gem.

On the Dawn in July, Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Bamboo were all open for lunch with the dinner menu and the dinner cover charge. We were told it was to give passengers who had trouble obtaining dinner reservations at these restaurants a chance to dine in them.

This was the same for us on the Dawn in August. Cagney's Teppanyaki, and Bamboo open for lunch on sea days for all with same menu and cover charges.

I'm pretty sure that on the Sun the AE is a mini-suite, not a penthouse/full suite like it is on some other ships. It can be confusing if someone who's been on, for example, the Pearl says the "AE is a penthouse suite" (which it is on the Pearl). Unfortunately, that's not correct for the Sun.

beachchick

I'm pretty sure that on the Sun the AE is a mini-suite, not a penthouse/full suite like it is on some other ships. It can be confusing if someone who's been on, for example, the Pearl says the "AE is a penthouse suite" (which it is on the Pearl). Unfortunately, that's not correct for the Sun.

beachchick

You are right the AE on the Sun is a mini BUT unlike the newer ships with 100+ mini suites you do get many of the VIP perks. No butler but when I was on the Sun we checked in with the suite passengers, got early tender tickets, invitation to the VIP cocktail party, etc.

I think the new ships have more penthouses alone then the Sun has Penthouses plus Mini Suites.

Archived