Spirit ?

HoopTroop

Good evening,

While taking a look at the awesome pictures from RWFrye5 I came up with a question. In the Grand Centrum you can see up a few floors and it appears that some of the rooms on those floors could be one of those with "windows" like on Royal Caribbean. Do any of the interior rooms actually have a window that they can look out to the the Grand Centrum? Perhaps they are just for show, but if not, that would be cool. Have a great day!

HoopTroop

Thank you for your replies so far and thank you for looking into this Toy, I had never heard of NCL having these, but since it was originally built for Star, I thought it would be cool if they had one of these!

Ute Fan-well hello! How are you? I hope all is well! I see your post count has gone up a lot since we last chatted, this site is so addicting! I read CC several times a day but I do not reply much!

We all had an awesome time on the Sun, I never did post a review, I started to, I just never finished. Since we enjoyed the cruise, we of course had to book another one while we were on board. We are leaving from New Orleans again, it was going to be the same ports, but because of the hurricane and the damage to Costa Maya, we will stop at Roatan now, which is a lot of fun from what I remember.

The Sun was a great ship as you stated, she is much like the Sky which was our first cruise! Though, I must admit, my favorite is still the Jewel. I like the size of her and all she offers.

The cruise on the Sun was by far one of the best cruises we had, (though I never had a bad cruise), I loved the ports and the crew/staff were an awesome group. We had such a fun group of passengers as well and we became friends with the assistant cruise director which made it just that more enjoyable. Perhaps I should post a review as I could go on and on, lol.

When is your next cruise? We are not sure what ours will be, I am sure will we decide while on board.

Again, I hope all is well, chat soon.

HoopTroop

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sun -- especially after we told you what a wonderful ship was thought she was! If you loved the Jewel, you really need to try the Pearl sometime. We went to Alaska in May and had a wonderful time. There were certain features I liked better on the Pearl than I did on the Jewel, and bowling at sea was hilarious!

Unfortunately, I don't have any cruises booked right now :( . The company I work for is closing down our facility here in Salt Lake the end of the year, and I'm waiting for my job situation to get resolved before booking anything. If I end up with a job quickly, we'd love to do a return trip to Alaska next May and take the kids this time.

Have fun on the Spirit!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sun -- especially after we told you what a wonderful ship was thought she was! If you loved the Jewel, you really need to try the Pearl sometime. We went to Alaska in May and had a wonderful time. There were certain features I liked better on the Pearl than I did on the Jewel, and bowling at sea was hilarious!

Unfortunately, I don't have any cruises booked right now :( . The company I work for is closing down our facility here in Salt Lake the end of the year, and I'm waiting for my job situation to get resolved before booking anything. If I end up with a job quickly, we'd love to do a return trip to Alaska next May and take the kids this time.

Have fun on the Spirit!

I am sure we will try the Pearl, my gosh, I want to try them all! What did you like better about her? I am looking forward to bowling one day!

I am sorry to hear about work, I hope it all works out soon. As of now, we are leaning towards a Mexican cruise,but one never knows. Have a great weekend.

HoopTroop

The bowling was a riot, but there were a couple of other things we liked better. They may not even matter to anyone else, but definitely would swing us to the Pearl again vs. the Jewel if we were going to do one of their alternating itineraries.

The first was the seating on the promenade deck. On the Jewel, they had chairs. On the Pearl, they had loungers -- complete with 2 or 3" thick pads that were very comfortable. As we normally sail cheap inside cabins, the promenade deck becomes our "balcony", and those loungers were great.

The second was the small improvement in the bathrooms. Now, the ones on the Jewel were great, and I'm not sure if all the categories were the same, but our bathroom on the Jewel was divided into 3 area. The toilet, a glass door, the sink, another glass door, and the shower. It made the toilet area feel quite cramped. On the Pearl, the bathroom had only one glass door -- between the sink and the shower, and having that area open between the sink and the toilet was an improvement.

Those were the main improvements that we found, other than the bowling and the climbing wall. The "beds" that are scattered around the pool area, in bliss, and in Spinnakers were interesting, but we didn't do much other than lay down to try our the ones in Spinnakers.

The windows are just decoration. There is a large window on the top of the Grand Centrum and it really lets in the sunlight.

We have been on the Dawn and also on the Spirit and we like the Grand Centrum of the Spirit much better.

for all the follow up. I am sad as I have a room booked that would have been in one of the areas of the windows. I have booked the room as I like the lay out of the room as it runs from the bow to the stern. We had a room like that on the Sun, it was bigger as well, but on the Spirit it appears to be the same size as the others.

Would anyone be mad if I poked a hole through the wall so I had a view, he he. I wonder if Royal Caribbean got the idea from this NCL ship! That is a neat feature!

HoopTroop

Archived