No smoking in cabins & veranda

DaisyScot

Oh you see..if surrounded by people like you and Dave, we smokers WOULD smoke less :) We couldnt help but respond with nice manners when you are so nice!

The candles..yeah...I know:) So BEFORE anyone "flames my candles", note I said SAFETY candles which we FLOAT IN WATER POTS!!!!!!!!!!

We also use citronella for insect replellant. Sometimes we burn lavendar at night BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS in water pots!!!!! AND NEVER LEAVE UNATTENDED!!!!

We love yankie candles so sometimes our balcony smells of chocolate and vanilla. BUT ALWAYS IN WATER POTS :eek: :eek:

:) :)

Smokers have a right to smoke in the open air, no one owns the atmosphere. Non-smokers have a right to not breathe smoke. Both rights infringe upon the other and it is a no win situation and will always be. However if we just become more tolerant and respectful of eachother we might just beable to get a long.

That statement always makes me laugh. Unless they also have a "right" to a time machine to take them back to a pre-industrial world, they will never ever truly get to exercise the right to not breathe smoke. Heck, even in pre-industrial times, there was often smoke in the air due to forest fires, fire in warfare, or even just fire for cooking/heat. I don't know that people have actually been able to exercise their right to not breathe smoke since the discovery of fire...

Welsh Wizards I see you are sailing on the cruise before me so take good care of the ship. ;)

My only issue with smoking is when people smoke in the non smoking area. I do hope that Celebrity is still good at enforcing that. When my cruise was canceled last year and we ended up on Princess I couldn't enjoy Movies Under the Stars because either they would mute the movie for 15 minutes for the cruise director to tell us everything that was going on (apparently people couldn't read the Princess Patter) or people would smoke on the clearly marked non smoking side of the ship and use their glasses as ash trays. Even when we asked the crew to get them to stop the crew did nothing.

I have no problems staying away from the Port side of the ship if I choose to stay away from the smokers as long as the smokers stay away from the starboard side when they are smoking.

As for the whole issue of not being allowed to smoke on the verandas boy that is a mixed bag. I can understand why smokers would rather smoke there than in their cabin but I can understand how it can affect the verandas of the non smokers.

Now I just wish you could get a straight answer from Celebrity on any question. Heck I wanted to make a minor change to a request I made to my reservation and was told they couldn't make the change deal with it when I get on board. I think I need to assume the person was lazy and call back.

Thanks, Dave. And you made an interesting point about the hand-washing doing more to protect people's health than not smoking ever could. You are right.

If people claim a right to a smoke-free environment, shouldn't we also be able to claim a right to a germ-free environment? Maybe we should forcibly quarantine passengers not only when they have the noro virus, but when they have ANY symptoms of a communicable illness including "the sniffles"? Yes, it would be a civil-rights violation, but if it's okay to take away smokers' civil rights why not take away sickies' civil rights as well?

And Dave, this could be your argument to finally get your adults-only cruising experience! Kids are such adorable little petri dishes that their very presence insures that other passengers will not be able to enjoy their right to a germ-free environment. Sorry, but the little tykes have got to go!

:D

To repeat:

Threads, or posts, that forget that Cruise Critic is a site dedicated to cruising, not to the health characteristics of smoking, are removed because they are off topic and because they very rarely accomplish much of anything.

If a Cruise Critic member wishes to discuss the health aspects of smoking, there is a plethora of material on websites that are dedicated to the subject.

This thread has repeatedly moved off topic and therefore has been closed.

Archived