Bannister Island resort or Sun Beach resort?

debshomespun

We will be in Belize in Jan. on the Enchantment. Trying to decide on doing the Bannister Island resort or Sun Beach resort. Has anyone been on either of these through RC excursions? What are the beaches like, and did you enjoy yourself? Do they have snorkeling right there? Would one place be better than the other, and if so, why? TIA!

i was there last week. I did the banister escursion and knew others that did sun beach. the couple that did sun beach wished they did banister.

i highly recommend it and was glad I went (I almost opted to stay on board). its just too beautiful, the water is gorgeous and so warm. they give you a ticket for a free rum punch, they give you lounges and also floats (for free). Big beautiful bar, attentive waitreses. There was a snack bar but I did not use it. you can rent kayaks and snorkle equipment. we were there four hours and it flew by. the beach has a net around it (hmmm, to keep out sharks????) but it was comforting.

The island honcho, who welcomes you and give you the ticket for the punch, comes around announcing which ship's boat is leaving with a 15 minute warning. There was a carnival and royal caribbean there at the same time.

thanks for that post about bannister island! We are booked for that excursion on 10/25. We will be on Enchantment of the Seas. We had debated which to do and it seems we made a good choice. Do you recall how much it was to rent the snorkel equipment and if the snorkeling was any good off the island?

Archived