Great Things to do/Shore Tours on the Islands

Manatee Mom

I have been searching for good ideas for my family to do on our upcomming trip. So I want to start it with what my 2 boys (8 & 6) have liked over the years.

Please add to it!!!!

Calica, Mexico

Xcaret (get taxi & go on own schedule)

--wear bathing suits (you can't see it all in 1 day)--------tons to do for all ages.

Grand Cayman

--Turtle Hatchery (get taxi- get own island/beach tour)

Jamica

--River Tubing (tour starts at 6) we hired taxi and went to a place that let my 4 year go. (kids need to be swimmers)

--Climb the falls (min. age 6)

Panama

--Gamboa Rain Forest / Aerial Tram

Costa Rica

--Sloth Sanctuary & Canoe Adventure :)

Cozumel

--Chankanaab Park (Taxi on your own)

St. Thomas

--Coral World (Taxi on your own)

--Skyride to Paradise Point (Walk to from boat)

St.Thomas - Coral World

St. Martin - Under the Two Flags Tour, Orient Beach (it is a European style beach so some go topless)

Bahamas, Nassau - ATLANTIS - no doubt, pay for a room and be a guest for the day

Also, Blue Lagoon Dolphin Close Encounter

Bahamas, Freeport - Unexo Dolphin Close Encounter - No age minimum

Labadee Haiti - See Dragon's Breath Point, the kids love that

Grand Caymen - Do NOT do the Butterfly Express Tour. Kids got bored quickly. Instead, if your child is game but you want to stay in shallow water look for the Stingray Tour that's called the Stingray SANDBAR tour.

Cozumel - avoid Playa Mia with kids....there are better beaches - Paradise Beach

Jamaica - if your child is old enough, try the river tubing. If you child is up for adventure and is old enough, try the Tree Top Canopy Tour. The falls I am iffy about. If your port is Mo Bay and not Ocho Rios, then that means 8 HOURS on a bus. No kid wants to spend 8 hours on a bus. And it has been known to be a little difficult to climb. So be prepared for the younger ones to take the side trail and go to the observation deck.

San Juan - Haven't try this but would like to see it, the bioluminescent kayak tour. There is a min age and my youngest is too young

Private Islands like Coco Cay and Castaway Cay - if the kids are old enough (older than 16) then try the wave runner tour. It is REALLY exhilarating. They take you over sharks, plane and ship wrecks.

Archived