Vancouver Hyatt Regency Cruise pkg

Hi Jesusfreak, I booked this package through vancouvertourism dot com

I think it was also available through hellobc dot com

Looks like a very good price compared to all their other rates and packages! I just booked last week, and am heading out this week. Hope this helps you out.

I don't know what the OP paid, but we paid $219 for the cruise package. They rebate you $10 for cab fare when you arrive. The only reason we booked this is that their $119 rate was blacked out for one of the nights we wanted to stay. So we paid $219 for one night and $119 for the second night. Out of all the nights that the 119 promotion was on, there were 2 nights blacked out. Naturally one of them was when we needed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back in. The Hyatt stay was great. With such a great pkg price, I wasn't sure what we'd get, but it was a beautiful room with a corner balcony that was quite large. The street view was actually pretty amazing, and down one end was a water view, which we could see from the balcony (but not from the room.) The skytrain (monorail) stop was immediately across the street (You could take this to the cruise pier, if you could handle your luggage). Also, we walked (15 blocks??) over to catch the Granville ferry. All the staff at the hotel that we encountered were friendly and accommodating. Though this was a posh hotel, it was by no means stuffy and pretentious. We felt very comfortable there, and the surrounding area was beautiful and safe for two girls checking out the town!

ps There is a Tim Horton's coffee house immediately out the lobby door.

Hi Georgette Cruz,

I noticed that you stayed in cabin 10053 on the NCL Star back in the beginning of the year. I was wondering how you liked that cabin.

I booked a catergory II inside guaranty cabin. Is that what you originally chose and then was upgraded to cabin 10053?

Thanks for your help in advance.

tlftlf,

Our cabin ended up being ok, despite some initial concerns we had. We were near the stairs/elevators, but they were the front ones, and there was never a lot of commotion from them. I think most people were using the center-ship ones. In our room, I don't remember hearing any disturbance. Having said that, I think most of the inside cabins are pretty much the same, except for the location. (Hence, what is considered an 'upgrade'.)

Though the experience turned out ok, we decided in the future to try and book the cabin we want, unless the gty price is drastically lower. I can't remember, but knowing us, I'm sure we booked the cheapest gty (!!!), so yes, we must have been upgraded.

Archived