Rome Hotel Ratings

Does anyone know the site that lists the hotels in order of best to worst.

I read that Mozart is rated 40 of the some 1,000 hotels, and another was 349.

I checked with trip advisor, but did not see a list of the ratings from 1 all the way down.

Does anyone know the site that lists the hotels in order of best to worst.

I read that Mozart is rated 40 of the some 1,000 hotels, and another was 349.

I checked with trip advisor, but did not see a list of the ratings from 1 all the way down.

You can find them on trip advisor. Here is a link that shows the ratings. There are so many wonderful choices that it makes for a tough decision on where to stay.

http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187791-Rome_Lazio-Hotels.html

The trip advisor ratings are by popularity (ones being booked), not by stars. Notwithstanding, reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and comparing to reviews on Venere is the way to go. We always check both, book on Venere and have never been disappointed.

First, I think tripadvisors is an excellent site and their ranking of hotels - by user reviews, nothing else - is very useful. However, do not take the naked ratings too seriously. Why?

Well, they police the site remarkably well, but I think it is clear that on occasion hotel operators fake an ID and post a "review" (or 12) for their own place. On the other side, an hotel might et a bad rateing because of 1 or 2 (ok, I won't say the idiots) less than knowledgable (less than sober?) people.

So, dont just look at the naked rating. Check:

a) the number of reviews -- if there are ony a few, put less trust in the score.

b) read the reviews. If someone gives a place 5 stars because it is home to the best transvestite tuba marching band in town, you might want to discount that reivew and score. Also, click on the reviewer's name to see how many reviews he/she/it has posted and, how soon after joining TA did the review get posted? If the reviewer has posted 1 or 2 (or 3) reviews right after joining and has no other reviews posted, I dont trust it (see a above). That doesn't mean it isn't accurate, but it lowers my condifence in it.

As mentioned, compare with Venere. that is an extremely useful site.

Also as mentioned, the TA reviews are gross popularlity contests. They do not compare to any objective standard but more to each traveler's expectations. If oen finds a place in Rome for 15 euros a nght, one is likely to give in 86 stars if oen lives through the night. <grin>

Lastly, do not take the rankings al that seriously. In a place like Rome with 6 zillion hotels, the difference between 14th and 17th place is meaningless.

Paul

Archived