Does Cruise Ship Provide Cribs?

Gitana

We are going on a family cruise on Victory on November 25---my daughter has a 15 month old. Does cruise ship provide cribs? Any info would help.

Gitana:confused:

Most ships provide a small crib or a pack-n-play. The Liberty has port-a-cribs, I believe. Call your travel agent or Carnival to find out what your ship has. We added a crib request to our reservation so that, hopefully, it will be waiting for us when we board.

Hi

Long time since I posted on here, but yes you will get a crib, as long as your travel agent has put the request in to cruise line. It is worth checking this before you go, as one occassion we didn't have one, when we got to the room and our daughter was tired, it was late and it didn't turn up until gone 10pm!

On Celebrity they are pack and play, but were absolutely filthy, urine stained base and obviously had not been cleaned between children. :confused:

Take some antibacterial wipes with you and wipe everything down as well as you can, it will make you feel a bit happier at least.

We also wipe most of the surfaces in the room too!

Kate

Thanks all for the info. I have since contacted travel agent and was assured that a crib would be in the cabin. Have informed my daughter to be sure and pack sheets and to take plenty of wipes.

Gitana:p

WOW. We went on Celebrity 3 times with a child 10 mo -19mo. Never had a Pack n Play, always a wooden port a crib, always CLEAN. They offered to make it up with a single sheet folded, we spoke with Celebrity prior and know the crib style, brought 2 sheets that fit the crib make. Have sailed with RCCL, NCL and Carnival, no dirty crib issues (all were PnP). Princess tried to give us a cot for a 15mo...finally got the PnP (CLEAN). IF your DD gets a nasty unit, ask for a different one at once. The room steward or the housekeeping manager will assist you with this. It is their child. Adults would not settle for a dirty bed and the child certainly should not have one either. Hope you all have a great cruise.

GITANA- JUST WROTE the second half of this. EARLIER TONIGHT FOR SOME ONE TRAVELING ON NCL THIS FALL.

We Are Booked on journey With Our (at That Time) 21 Mo Son At The End Of Oct.

his first cruise was on celebrity (constellation) last fall and we had a great experience- the crib was a pack and play but looked pretty good. ( I still always wipe it down) I don't remember them having the right sized sheets, but it was in our room shortly after we arrived. ( I usually pack 2 colored correct size sheets- the color keeps them from accidenlty taking it ).

FYI: celebrity also has "a limited number" of their room attendants who can be hired for special in room evening babysitting if the adults in your party all want to do something together- (we used it for a combo-circ-du -soliel/ specialty retaurant night.)

We Took Him On The NCL Spirit (beautiful Ship!) Last Spring And Were Very Frustrated With NCL's Lack Of Concern In Two Particular Aspects:

1) Crib- We Called The Day Before Boarding To Be Sure They Had A Crib For Us, And They Assured Us It Would Be No Problem. He Had One Reserved.

When We Got Into The Cabin (?2:00 I Think)-right After They Opened The Doors To The Corridor- There Was No Crib And We Immediately Found Our Cabin Steward And Started What Ended Up Being A Multi Interaction, Very Frustrating Set Of Converstions In Which All The Statements Before We Left Port Were.."don't Worry..." But Then After We Left Port Turned Into... "there Are Alot Of Kids On This Cruise, We May Not Have One For Him...."

After Speaking To Multiple Ship Personnel The Crib Finally Arrived At Our Room @ 9:30. ( I Couldn't Find The Reference About Some One Calling On A Crying Baby, But If They Didn't Get Their Nap Due To Boarding, And They Were Over Tired By The Time The Crib Came, The Crew Should Know Since They Contributed To It!!!)

++++++if You Can Spare The Luggage- Bring Your Own Portacrib/play Yard!! ++++

2). Appropriate Sized Life Jacket: There Again Asked For It On Arrival Did Not Get It Until The 3rd Full Day At Sea......

Other Hints-

A) At Least On Spirit- The Seated Restraunt Was Also Open On Boarding (well Worth Walking Past Every One Helpfully Guiding You To The Buffet And Going To It Instead.--- +++thank You Cruise Critic!!!!!)

B) The Kids Club (i'm Sorry I Can't Remember It's Name) Does Schedule Parent/child Free Play In The Area For All The People With Young Kids- Nice Place To Make Friends. And They Actually Let The Adults Play In The Ball Pit Sith Our Todlers. But Watch Out - Hygeine Did Not Seem To Be A Priority- The Last Day There Was Drying Blood On The Matt. That They Didn't Notice. And As We Were Heading Out To The Hall There Was A Pile Of Vomit (later My Husband Said He Had Seen A Girl Getting Sick In The General Area 2hours Before)

C) Don't Worry If Ther Are No Other Kids On Board.-although There Were A Lot Of Kids On The Spirit- The Cruise We Took Him On Last Fall- He Was One Of Two- Since He Is A Naturally Gregarious Child-he Made Lots Of Friends Of All Ages, Passengers And Staff. And I Think May Have Had More Fun Being The "star" Although He Found Multple Shipboard Romances On The Spirit.

D) If You Still Have Time- Get Him A Passport- I Know It's Not Required, But It Made Everything A Lot Easier (believe It Or Not Canada The Previous Fall Was A Stop Where We Were Really Glad He Had It.)

E) If Your Child Is A Boy-a Baptismal Outfit With An Oversized Jacket Passes For A Tux- And Looks Really Cute With A Pair Of Black Shoes)

F) Early AM The Bars {we Esp Liked The Largest One (?10) Foreward} Are Mostly Empty And A Good Place To Let Your Little One Run.

G) Last But Not Least- If Your Love Does Start Crying In The Room, It Is More Sound Proof If You Close The Balcony Door, And Pull The Curtains.

Have Fun!!!!

Cruising With A Kid Can Be Really Great!!!!!!

Ruth

PS. If You Have Any ???'s For Me I Usually Check In On The Journey 10/27 Roll Call.

Archived