Snorkling Equipment

Mause

Hello;

I've been investing in my own snorkling equipment, mask, snorkle, fins, etc, but have not bought a snorkle floatation vest.:cool: I hear that all the snorkle tours and IC Tahiti will provide them. Is this true, or should I get a personal vest. Thanks ahead of time for your replies.:)

Thanks,

Mause

They have been offered in all the snorkeling trips I've been on , but I don't know about IC Tahiti. You could always call them and ask.

Did you pick up a pair of hard-soled dive booties? I found these to be really necessary in Tahiti. They have a large number of black spine sea urchins that would really ruin your day to step on. The booties are also nice because you can wear them on and off the ship. Ours actually ahve arch support in them so they double as comfortable dock/shore walking shoes.

Charlie

Vests were not offered on any of the tours we took. The funny thing is that we purchased vests (not expensive) before the trip and took them with us ... and then never used them! It's the first time I've ever snorkeled without a vest and it was fine. The water was calm and very easy to snorkel without the flotation. But, I still believe in my old saying "it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

Archived