QM2 first timer questions

clearwell

Hi

Looking to book the QM2 in january from New York. AA catagory looks good, any advise on which cabin. Can you hear the music from the pool area?

My husband is a diver, and would like to dive at some of the ports, any tips for local dive outfits.

Any other tips gratefully accepted

Hi

Looking to book the QM2 in january from New York. AA catagory looks good, any advise on which cabin. Can you hear the music from the pool area?

My husband is a diver, and would like to dive at some of the ports, any tips for local dive outfits.

Any other tips gratefully accepted

AA is good.

Certainly in cabin 12.027 it was blissfully quiet. But as far as I can recall I didn't hear anything of the pool area until I walked into the area by the lifts just forward.

There really wasn't much noise at all. This isn't Carnival!

Click on my "Reflections on QM2" in my signature for my thoughts following a transatlantic in AA grade.

Matthew

I corroborate: noise ("music") from the deck 12 pool area bandstand is audible in the deck 12 alleyways around the lift area when the band is playing (in bad weather for a sailaway or occasionally, briefly, in the afternoon) but is never audible in the cabins. Deck 12 is lovely. Enjoy!

Archived