re: Daks review of the Legend

m steve

I have to take exception to one part of the long review. Although Carnival is not our favorite line we experienced some of the best food and service in their supper club-Golden Fleece. It was so good that we ate there 5 of the 7 nights on board and was never disappointed. The selections were terrific and beautiful presentations. The room was nicely set up and no tables were close to each other. The Dover sole was so good we had it 2 X and the steaks were as good as The Palm, large, juicy and done as we asked. The open kitchen added to the ambiance and the live music was just right. We ate around 7:30 so no problem with sun light.

We enjoyed not having the hoards of waiters, bus boys and kids milling around or people gorging themselves on multiple portions. Everyone was appropriately dressed: no jeans or sweat suits.

If we ever sail on Carnival again I would book this dining room for every evening.

That said, there was not a lot of other redeaming features on the ship.

Wow Dak sure didnt have a good time. Wonder why its Carnivals fault they booked a few mo in advance and there was no handicapped cabins left. I wouldve never booked a guar if I needed the H cabin, I wouldve booked at a different time when I could be accomadated.

Good morning Lucy, what on earth are doing up so early :eek:

I had to get up early to post the saturday countdown for the group.... I can't sleep when I know I'll be on a cruise a week from right now :D LOL!!!!

I had to get up early to post the saturday countdown for the group.... I can't sleep when I know I'll be on a cruise a week from right now :D LOL!!!!

Well, if that is not a good reason, then I do not know what is :D I was just over to my Roll Call posting to my friends from Australia that will be on our cruise. Even though ours is so many moths away, we still are very excited.

I am so excited for you. I hope this next week goes at rapid speed and your cruise goes at a snails pace :D

Well, if that is not a good reason, then I do not know what is :D I was just over to my Roll Call posting to my friends from Australia that will be on our cruise. Even though ours is so many moths away, we still are very excited.

I am so excited for you. I hope this next week goes at rapid speed and your cruise goes at a snails pace :D

Thanks so much!! It will definitely be a blast! Hope you can join us sometime!! Girl, we get excited 2 years out, so a few months is just right around the corner!!!

Sorry about the hijack OP!

Thanks so much!! It will definitely be a blast! Hope you can join us sometime!! Girl, we get excited 2 years out, so a few months is just right around the corner!!!

Sorry about the hijack OP!

I would love that, just let me get this one paid for LOL.

2 years? Try four. The minute, ok that is probably a stretch, we got back from our Hawaiian cruise I knew we would be going some place for our 45th, and I was bound and determined to go to Europe. I have been looking at Carnivals web site since 2003 found the one I wanted, then this brand new ship comes up with London and Paris, and that is the one I booked. So, I do know about excitement. I just wish we would cruise more often, but my DH is not someone that would want to do that. He tolerates my passion for cruising on our very special anniversary's and he has a fabulous time but if you would ask him what he would do or go, he would say some remote cabin and go fishing LOL. Yea, like I would enjoy that. So, that is why I do all the booking, pick the cruise and he just tags along. Maybe now that we are both retired, but with us spending three months on the Texas Gulf Coast every winter, maybe I should not ask for more. But I so love to cruise and I think it would be so much fun to go with a big bunch. And DH can stay home and go fishing and play golf.

The Legend must have changed ALOT since our sailing just this past May!!

I doubt it!!! We (4 of us), plus about 23 other couples that we meet here at CC using the Roll-Call, had a WONDERFUL & GREAT TIME!!! Some are even thinking of a reunion cruise on the Legend sometime.

Hope we are still cruising when we're in our 70's like m steve!!!!!

Matt

Most of the ships we sail on being 70 is almost like being one of the kids on the ship. I think like I'm in my 40's and so far: no scooter, walker, cane or other devices. I cut my own rare steak and can drink most college kids under the table!:)

Most of the ships we sail on being 70 is almost like being one of the kids on the ship. I think like I'm in my 40's and so far: no scooter, walker, cane or other devices. I cut my own rare steak and can drink most college kids under the table!:)

We loved the Legend when we sailed on her in March... love the layout of the aft bar.. :p You are my hero I hope to be doing the same once I reach that age.. kudos to you.. hope you continue to cruise for along time:D

I have to take exception to one part of the long review. Although Carnival is not our favorite line we experienced some of the best food and service in their supper club-Golden Fleece. It was so good that we ate there 5 of the 7 nights on board and was never disappointed. The selections were terrific and beautiful presentations. The room was nicely set up and no tables were close to each other. The Dover sole was so good we had it 2 X and the steaks were as good as The Palm, large, juicy and done as we asked. The open kitchen added to the ambiance and the live music was just right. We ate around 7:30 so no problem with sun light.

We enjoyed not having the hoards of waiters, bus boys and kids milling around or people gorging themselves on multiple portions. Everyone was appropriately dressed: no jeans or sweat suits.

If we ever sail on Carnival again I would book this dining room for every evening.

That said, there was not a lot of other redeaming features on the ship.

I agree about the Golden Fleece. I ate there and it was very good. My very first cruise on costa was like that. The staff and the food. I liked where the Golden Fleece was located. it was a nice place to eat. My wife and I just went one night, my kids ate with the camp that night. The cruise I was on it was empty. I was on the Legend last New Years. I like the legend I thought it was a nice ship.

Wow - what a complainer!! Sounds like they were looking for things to gripe about. I have empathy for the handicapped - but a very few seem to sometimes use their disabilities for excuses to complain. Just seems like the word "wheelchair" was used in excess - sorry:rolleyes: I'm sure she's not the only handicapped person to cruise - and I have NEVER heard complaints like that from the others.

Wow - what a complainer!! Sounds like they were looking for things to gripe about. I have empathy for the handicapped - but a very few seem to sometimes use their disabilities for excuses to complain. Just seems like the word "wheelchair" was used in excess - sorry:rolleyes: I'm sure she's not the only handicapped person to cruise - and I have NEVER heard complaints like that from the others.

I agree. That lady has more problems than the "wheelchair" issues. Pity the poor people that she came in contact with during her "vacation."

I think he was referring to a review from the main page. Here is a link

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33257

Well, I can see why the OP did not post this here, can we say "Do you want some cheese with that whine"?

When a person is in need of a wheelchair, one should check out the ship, talk to Carnival, and make sure this is something that you would be comfortable in doing.

Just because the OP was in a wheelchair did not make her a person that should be helped first, catered to first and given priority treatment. The ship is huge, there are a lot of other passengers and they do have access to the ship too. I find it odd that she found enough time to post a bad review, found fault with everything, but not once did she post that she said anything about any inconvenience to the Pursers desk or any other personal. What good does it do to tell us, if she failed to tell anyone else?

I do not think the OP is someone that should be cruising. Perhaps she should just stay home, make her life less miserable, as I do think she would be happy anywhere she was.

Archived