mixers and jello shots?

LegalCat

The standard jello reciepe calls for 1 cup of hot water to dissolve the jello mix, 1 cup of tap water. When making jello shots, use the alcohol for the 1 cup of tap water.

I like to mix the different "puckers" with jello, for example, apple pucker with green or cherry pucker with red jello.....yummmy.

And my opinion on the jello shot "extraction"......I agree with the traditional tongue removal technique :p - and so does the dh - he loves to watch :eek:

Jan

Great thread! One of my favorite flavors is Cherry Jello w/ vodka, sprinkle in some cinnamon and a splash of hot sauce. We call them Red Hot Chili Peppers!:)

And I have to agree on using your tongue to remove the shots! It's the only way to go!

Have a great girls' cruise!:D

Have you ever had pudding shots ( there the best). I don't know if you can do these on the cruise. You need a freezer. But here is the receipe to try at home.

1 sm pkg of chocolate or vanilla instant pudding

1/2 c milk

3/4 c bailys

1/2c vodka

8oz cool whip.

mix and pour into plastic shot cup with lids. Place in freezer

ENJOY THEY ARE THE BEST

Have you ever had pudding shots ( there the best). I don't know if you can do these on the cruise. You need a freezer. But here is the receipe to try at home.

1 sm pkg of chocolate or vanilla instant pudding

1/2 c milk

3/4 c bailys

1/2c vodka

8oz cool whip.

mix and pour into plastic shot cup with lids. Place in freezer

ENJOY THEY ARE THE BEST

I am sooooooo trying these this weekend!!

Jan

Just remember toothpicks to ease those little suckers out of the cups. :)

I don't use toothpicks. Just have a cup or small bowl of warm water sitting around. Dip the bottom of the shot glass into the warm water for like 3 or 4 seconds and it loosens up the sides so the entire shot will slide right into your mouth easily.

Sounds really yummy. Where do you buy little shots with lids?

Have a great cruise!

My grocery store sells them, you probably just have to look around... hmmm

http://www.awesomedrinks.com/jelloshot_mistakes.html

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink586.html

http://jelloshotz.com/

http://www.myscienceproject.org/j-shot.html

I don't use toothpicks. Just have a cup or small bowl of warm water sitting around. Dip the bottom of the shot glass into the warm water for like 3 or 4 seconds and it loosens up the sides so the entire shot will slide right into your mouth easily.

Good advice Bob. Hey from Kernersville,NC too. Which part are you in???

Dan and Miguel

I've tried everything under the sun, toothpicks are easier for me. :) Thanks for the suggestion though!

I use these collapsible cups

t_18127.jpg

Those leave too much jello in them, I like to get every drop :p LOL!!!

Well, apparently our Suck and Blows are prepared for tomorrow in 5 different varieties, and are 3 oz each :eek: Will make sure to get plenty of pictures if this thread is still around :D

Those leave too much jello in them, I like to get every drop :p LOL!!!

Well, apparently our Suck and Blows are prepared for tomorrow in 5 different varieties, and are 3 oz each :eek: Will make sure to get plenty of pictures if this thread is still around :D

I agree! I clean the little plastic ones out pretty good!:D

As a hijack - Ya'll have a GREAT CRUISE!!!! We want to see pics even if this threads dead when you return!!:D

we have a frnd who is orig from Finland who has bouhgt a ranch close to us. He has a crawfish boil once a year. about 3 years ago he wanted to have jello shots but had no fridge (or house for that matter at the ranch then, just a HUGE hay barn). no problem. we made them in the little cups, put small dry ice in ice chest & stacked them on top. we made approx 50, there was approx 25 at crawfish boil. some folks did not partake & some over took :eek: . You have to watch it or they will sneek up on you! we made margarita ones (1 c margarita mix, 1 cup tequila, 1lg lime jello). they were gone first! also made pinacolada using the pre made drink, rum & pinapple jello. Since then it has been my job to make them. So, I make them at home & take to his house & we keep them outside in ice chest for everyone to enjoy. Do not know what everyone looks forward to now the all day cooking & eating crawfish or the jello shots!

making them in the ice chest will be just fine & u do not need dry ice like we had but leave plenty of room for cold air from ice to circulate.

Enjoy & let us know how it turns out.

i respect you in a whole new way now:)

remember bacardi 151.....thats the way to go:D

When the alcohol proof goes up, the chances of needing a freezer to get the shots to gel goes up, too. The Bacardi 151 might need to set in the freezer; 180 proof grain alcohol DEFINITELY needs to set in the freezer. Not that I ever helped in making the Jell-o shots for my fraternity's parties back in the day...

We are doing pinapple jello with malibu coconut room at the request of one of the cruisers... Im also bringing strawberry jello...

We are gonna make the shots as soon as we can get in to the room and then have them set up for that night or next day if needed.

I ordered 1L bottles of Absolute, Malibu Coconut Rum, Bacardi Select and 1800 tequilla...

wonder if we can do lime jello with the 1800 tequilla...

Also one of the girls ordered a case of beer...

Then we are carrying on water, soda, and some margarita mix. along with jello mix, plastic cups, jello shot mini cups, room decorations for three rooms... gosh am I gonna have room for clothes? LOL

We are doing pinapple jello with malibu coconut room at the request of one of the cruisers... Im also bringing strawberry jello...

We are gonna make the shots as soon as we can get in to the room and then have them set up for that night or next day if needed.

I ordered 1L bottles of Absolute, Malibu Coconut Rum, Bacardi Select and 1800 tequilla...

Then we are carrying on water, soda, and some margarita mix. along with jello mix, plastic cups, jello shot mini cups, room decorations for three rooms... gosh am I gonna have room for clothes? LOL

Where did you order the booze and beer?

Lime jello and tequila go great together. You will love the Maibu and pineapple one!!!

Archived