Religious services

momthewriter

We have found on past NCL cruises that sometimes a service is offered and sometimes not.

It may depend on what holiday/holyday is observed during the time of your cruise. And what clergy is on-board.

We still have not figured it out.

We have docked at ports where services were provided in local churches.

Depends if you will dock on Easter.

Our ship will be at sea on Easter Sunday. Again, it doesn't matter to me and my wife is fine either way but she would probably enjoy something.

Oh well.. we were tied to cruising on spring break and will enjoy ourselves regardless.

Weary Traveler:

hope you didnt misinterpret what i meant. i applaud your attitude but i didnt mean that the credit would be a good reason for you or any to do it.

No, I did not take offense with your comments.

i still believe i can do as much on my knees at the foot of my bed nuff said on that.... but ya know?

I couldn't agree with you more but there is something to being together, also.

if i were fortunate enuff to have you aboard providing a worship service i felt necessary to attend, then i wouldnt have a problem for you or anyone being recognized for your service provided. people provide stipends for weddings and other services to clergy.. i myself wouldnt have a problem nor judge if it were offered..

Thanks I don't regularly turn down offers of compensation for services beyond normal duties.

Jane

Beachchick and others

Thank you for all the comments.

I certainly didn't want this thread to drift to what is and isn't appropriate for compensation for leading a service while on board.

While I don't have an extensive number of cruises "under my belt" I have not seen services offered on board except once and that was by an organized group.

So, I'm guessing it is not a sure thing that even on major religious holidays there will be someone on board to lead services. Certainly if you are in port, the suggestion to visit a local church is a valid idea.

Jane

Archived