Toilets in Venice- sorry

Sorry to have to ask, but what does a public toilet cost in Venice? Do you need exact change? Are there non- public options readily available ie restaurants, hotels, etc?

Not sure what theyc ost,but can't be to much at all...you will NOT have a problem finding a toliet in Venice that you can use..any hotle or restos will have them,and if you use one in a resto or cafe just get some coffee or water and all will be fine!!

A toilet thread!!! Now I don't feel so bad. The reason I was asking was to really get a sense of the cost effectiveness of the Venice card which includes two free potty trips daily. It seems as if this would be a waste based on what I have read.

A toilet thread!!! Now I don't feel so bad. The reason I was asking was to really get a sense of the cost effectiveness of the Venice card which includes two free potty trips daily. It seems as if this would be a waste based on what I have read.

2 free potty trips..unbelievable...I have some swampland:D

YOu have a few options:

There is a McDonald in St Marco sq - free restroom, but can be long line.

Any cafe - if you buy something - water, coffee, pastry - they will let you use their restroom. Museums have free restroom. We managed to use free ones during our 3 days there.

Many toilets in Europe will have an attendant who will expect a small tip, 50 cents (1/2 Euro), normally. The attendant keeps the bathroom clean and does an honest day's work rather than begging on the streets. I always tip.

I have paid anywhere from .20 to one euro for a toilet in Italy. Just keep some small change handy it is usually an attendent that collects the money. Note that most toilets in Italy are not equiped with a toilet seat. And I found my first "two feet" squat toilet a few weeks ago in Verona, Italy, I was very excited as I had heard about these but never seen one! Oh, and always keep a small roll or tissue with you as you never know.

And I found my first "two feet" squat toilet a few weeks ago in Verona, Italy, I was very excited
LOL! Is that where they paint the footprints on the floor?

Isn't it possible that everyone has slightly different anatomies and that one actually might not aim directly into the floor hole?

Does that mean that there are pee and poop surrounding the hole? Just how close is this to your feet? If you're squatting low, do people see you from under the stall partitions?

This stuff's freaking me out! :eek:

Isn't it possible that everyone has slightly different anatomies and that one actually might not aim directly into the floor hole?

Does that mean that there are pee and poop surrounding the hole? Just how close is this to your feet? If you're squatting low, do people see you from under the stall partitions?

Your imagination is running wild:D the holes are rather large and deep and people don't miss, if this is grossing you out, I suggest adult diapers or holding it, LOL.

I have been to Venice three times in the last 5 years, the toilets left no lasting impression with me, yes you do pay usually a 1/2 euro...My trip to China now those are the "toilets"???? I'll never forget and I just went last year:eek:

You'll have a wonderful time, toilet seat or not.

Your imagination is running wild:D the holes are rather large and deep and people don't miss, if this is grossing you out, I suggest adult diapers or holding it, LOL.

I have been to Venice three times in the last 5 years, the toilets left no lasting impression with me, yes you do pay usually a 1/2 euro...My trip to China now those are the "toilets"???? I'll never forget and I just went last year:eek:

You'll have a wonderful time, toilet seat or not.

:D LOL!

My irrational public restroom phobia gets me all the time. I'm very used to holding it when necessary now. :rolleyes: Forget the diapers though, no way!!! LOL! :D

Actually it was very clean and the one I was in was very beautiful it had tiles on the walls and the floors. I wish I'd had my camera with me but I didn't want to pay again. No one could see you and there were no misses! It was not difficult to use.

Yall might be interested in this website that rates bathrooms, tells you how much they cost, and if they are handicap accessible in places all over the world.

http://www.thebathroomdiaries.com/

Thank you, I'll be adding that to my list of things to print! :D

BTW, googling "squat toilet" has traumatized me. At least I know what to expect.

I paid 1 euro to use a very clean restroom in Venice. I think I only paid one time to use a toilet. I could be considered one of those people who feel tethered to the toilet and I honestly didn't have any problems on my 3 day stay that ended last week. A poster mentioned a McDonalds in St. Mark's square. I didn't see that but there was a lot going on there.

Archived