Tips on What to bring on Cruise

CountryFox

A few months ago, someone started a thread looking for my tips lists and I got over 650 emails for the lists so we made a website to put them all on. Now the website base has the latest review from the miracle but the tips relate to any cruise!

They are broken into categories making it easier.

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Hope this helps!

A few months ago, someone started a thread looking for my tips lists and I got over 650 emails for the lists so we made a website to put them all on. Now the website base has the latest review from the miracle but the tips relate to any cruise!

They are broken into categories making it easier.

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I have saved so many lists, but it will be nice to have them in categories. I, with your permission of course, would like to send this to our friends who will be cruising with us.

Folks, its a cruise, not a Mars Mission. Look at all the packing lists you want but cull them down to 2 or 3 items plus your clothes and toiletries. Not that my wife listens either..........................

Dan

Folks, its a cruise, not a Mars Mission. Look at all the packing lists you want but cull them down to 2 or 3 items plus your clothes and toiletries. Not that my wife listens either..........................

Dan

Oh my, as she shouldn't :D

I love the lists, and I have found so many good tips on what to take, and had there been no list how would I have found out about the secret door :confused:

First off there are many things you should bring, but most of it if you follow the list, you will never use.

I printed the list, then went over it, and half the stuff on it, I never used although I had it on the ship.

a must take. POWER STRIP OR EXTENSION CORD.

you will need this because there is only one plug in the cabin. if you have cameras, ipods, etc, you want it so you can charge them.

The pop up clothes hampers are great. put them in the bathroom, and you are all set.

We leave the bathroom light on for a night light, and took a can of air freshner.

Unless you have an interior cabin, or are a large person, you will not need a bathrobe. they are only supplied for ocean view rooms.

Hope this helps.

OH, if you are traveling with a medical device DO NOT PACK IT IN THE CHECKED LUGGAGE. CARRY IT ON.

ALSO if you have signed the papers for medical needy and it is on file with carnival ie.... wheelchair, diabetic, etc, a little tip that they apprerciated. make a sheet up that has your information on it, your diagnosis ie.. diabetic, high blood pressure, etc, you meds, strength, amount per day, allergies, doctors name, address, phone, etc, and emergency contact info on it.

Wow I am overwhelmed by the information here.

I believe that I will only take a few things off of these list. They are all so helpful. Again I cant thank CC Cruiser enough for there time and effort you all take to answer these post. :D

can you put a powerstrip in your checked luggage on a plane?

I do not see why not. You also may want to bring a extension cord. And if you have to have a clock in your State Room, you need to get the kind that not only plugs in, but has a battery. The regular clocks do not keep time, they loose time. And again, some good soul will tell you why as of course I have forgotten again.

Oh my, as she shouldn't :D

I love the lists, and I have found so many good tips on what to take, and had there been no list how would I have found out about the secret door :confused:

Pegs,

You PACK a SECRET DOOR? Carry on or checked baggage? Do you install the secret door someplace? Is it magic too?:D:eek:

Dan

Pegs,

You PACK a SECRET DOOR? Carry on or checked baggage? Do you install the secret door someplace? Is it magic too?:D:eek:

Dan

Dan, what part of "secret" do you not understand :confused: If I tell you, then I will have to kill you, as it is a "rule", and you know about the Carnival "rules :eek:

I found this list on the Fashions & Beauty board. Hope it helps.

#1 List

First Aid Kit

O Prescriptions in original containers

O Hand Sanitizer

O Pepto Bismol Tablets

O Wash-ups

O Itch Beat'R

O Peroxide

O Neosporin

O Baking soda

O Imodium A-D

O Benadryl

O Sudafed/Ibuprofen/Aspirin/Tylenol/Advil

O Dramamine

O Eye Drops

O Roll Aids

O Band Aids

O Suntan Lotion

O Aloe Vera Gel

O Insect Repellant

O Lip Balm

O Ace Bandage

O Mending Kit

O Safety Pins

O Peppermints

O Gas-X

O Cold Pack

O Blister Kit

List #2

Bathroom & Makeup Necessities

O Make-up mirror

O Shampoo/Conditioner/Gel/Hair spray

O Brush/Comb

O Hair Dryer/Curling iron/shower cap/Rollers

O Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Mouthwash/Floss

O Deodorant

O Barrettes/bobby pins/clips/bows/hair bands/scrunches

O Razor/Shaving Cream

O Body Lotion/Hand Cream/perfume/cologne

O Nose Strips for snoring

O Clothes steamer/lint brush/woolite

O Tweezers/Sewing Kit

O Earplugs

O Makeup Remover

O Cotton Balls/Q-Tips

O Eye shadow/Liner/Mascara

O Powder/Blush/Concealer/Lipstick/Foundation

O Nail Polish/Polish Remover Pads

O Nail Clippers/Scissors/nail File/Buffer

O Moisturizer

List #3 Anything and Everything List

O Strapping cables for suit cases

O Ponchos/umbrellas

O Extra Glasses-Reading/Sun/Contacts/Solution

O Binoculars/Video Camera/Camera/GPS

O Tapes/Film/Disc/Batteries

O Playing Cards/Books/Games/Magazines

O Small Alarm Clock

O Duct Tape

O Swiss Army Knife

O Glade Plug-In with Light

O Downey Wrinkle Releaser

O Clothes Pins/Pop up hamper/clothes line

O Clear Plastic shoe holder (hangs in closet)

O Badge Holder

O Insulated Mug with Lid/Collapsible Cup

O Walkman/speakers/tapes/CD's/batteries

O Fish Food (Dry Dog Biscuits) for underwater activities

O 2 Mesh Laundry Bags (Black-White)

O Sea Bands

O Pens/notebook//Highlighters

O Small travel size of Kleenex

O Zip Lock Bags (different sizes)

O Folding tote bag/fanny pack/Back Pack

O Small Flashlight

O Money Belt

O Flask

O Clothes Steamer/lint brush/Woolite

O Sticky Notes

O Wash Clothes

O Talcum Powder

List #4 Clothes

O Dresses-Formal/Cocktail/Casual

O Skirts/Tops

O Jackets

O Shorts/Capri’s/Jeans/Pants/Dockers/Slacks

O Shirts-Dress/Casual/Formal

O Polo’s/T-shirts

O Handkerchiefs

O Jacket/Suit/Tuxedo

O Studs/Cummerbund/belt/cuff links

O Ties-Formal/informal

O Workout clothes-bra top/shorts/tights/pants/shoes/socks/t-shirt

O Underwear/Bras/slips/undershirts

O Pantyhose/knee-highs

O Socks-Athletic/Formal/Dress

O Shoes-Walking/Dress/Sandals/Workout/flip flops/

O Shoe buffer

O Nightgown/Pajamas/Birthday suit/Robe/slippers

O Purse-Daytime/evening/Backpack

O Jewelry-Watch/earrings/necklaces/bracelets/rings

O Travel iron

O super glue

O Jacket-Light coat/water resistant windbreaker with a hood/sweater

O Hat/Visor/Baseball Cap

Warm Areas

O Swim Suit/Cover-up/Beach Towel/Beach Bag

O Snorkel Gear

O Golf Equipment

Cold Areas

Warm Hat/Gloves/Coat/Scarf

List # 5 Essentials

O Passport/documents/Drivers License/Airline Tickets

O keys (home and car)

O Confirmations-Car/hotels

O Insurance information on car and Body(You)

O $1 bills for tips

O Money/credit and or debit card/ATM cash card/traveler's checks/a couple of

personal checks.

O List of family and neighbors E-mails/addresses/phone #'s

O Photocopies of passport and drivers license

O Passport holder

O Voltage adaptor

O Money exchange calculator

O Inflatable pillow

O Journal

O Tiny locks to lock your backpack etc.

O Gifts (trading cards, pens, pencils, stickers, hats, flower seeds)

O Coin Purse for foreign currency

O Salt & Pepper/sweet & low

O Check weight limit of your airlines on bags

O Stop Paper/Stop Mail/get reservation at kennels for pet

And just where am I supposed to pack my smuggled booze?:eek: :rolleyes: :D

For what?

To where?

Just curious!

Dee

OK, I could be so wrong on this and probably am, but I think it is a door that is not marked SECERET DOOR, but it is on the very top deck and you get an excellent view. When anyone talks about the secret door I always think of the Titanic scene when Jack and Rose must have found the "door" and went to the end and did that standing thing on the rail. I do not suggest you do this however.

I'm supposed to have a crock pot!......hummmmmm that might be a bear to get in my backpack.;)

Not in your backpack, do you want them to check it, and check it they will, and then they will confiscate it and do heaven knows what it :rolleyes: until you get off the ship. And how on earth would you explain a crock pot at the air port :confused: ? You pack it in your checked luggage. And don't forget your iron, your grill for the Smores and Tiki Torches to light on your balcony. I am so glad I am here for you, heaven knows what you would take and where you would put them.

Now, I will be on a mission to find the secret door, and I will most CERTAINLY have to recreate the "flying" scene from Titanic... lol

Dee:p

Dee, I did not check the previous page, but did no one post and say I was wrong? In any event, what part of "I do not recommend this" do you not understand :cool: I can see the message board all in a tizzie on day, someone has fallen off a cruise ship because they were pretending to be Jack and Rose from Titanic, bodies are out there some place. And of course, everyone here will blame me :eek:

Not in your backpack, do you want them to check it, and check it they will, and then they will confiscate it and do heaven knows what it :rolleyes: until you get off the ship. And how on earth would you explain a crock pot at the air port :confused: ? You pack it in your checked luggage. And don't forget your iron, your grill for the Smores and Tiki Torches to light on your balcony. I am so glad I am here for you, heaven knows what you would take and where you would put them.

Okie Dokie packing now.

Crock Pot.....check

Iron.......check

Smores......????? is that something I really need!

Tiki Tourches.....check

Captain Morgan.....check

Black Man Thong for the pool......check

I'm so glad you are here for me also as I might have gone crockless.....:eek:

Okie Dokie packing now.

Crock Pot.....check

Iron.......check

Smores......????? is that something I really need!

Tiki Tourches.....check

Captain Morgan.....check

Black Man Thong for the pool......check

I'm so glad you are here for me also as I might have gone crockless.....:eek:

Nobody should go crockless. You do not bring the smores, you make them on your deck on your grill or whatever you call that thing, a fire ring. Do I have to go on this cruise with you, because I really think I should and I really not not mind. Oh and a blender is a must. I am surprised that you did not read the "list", it really is very helpful.

Nobody should go crockless. You do not bring the smores, you make them on your deck on your grill or whatever you call that thing, a fire ring. Do I have to go on this cruise with you, because I really think I should and I really not not mind. Oh and a blender is a must. I am surprised that you did not read the "list", it really is very helpful.

Now a blender? Geeez I can't pack the whole kitchen ya know TSA will have issues I'm sure. At checkin I'm gettin behind the guy that packs all this stuff cause I will breeze thru while they will be checkin him:eek: :D

List? I'm a male and we don't do List's, Map's, Directions.......:p

Now a blender? Geeez I can't pack the whole kitchen ya know TSA will have issues I'm sure. At checkin I'm gettin behind the guy that packs all this stuff cause I will breeze thru while they will be checkin him:eek: :D

List? I'm a male and we don't do List's, Map's, Directions.......:p

Well, your in trouble already :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful crusie, you going to have a fabulous time.

Dee, I did not check the previous page, but did no one post and say I was wrong? In any event, what part of "I do not recommend this" do you not understand :cool: I can see the message board all in a tizzie on day, someone has fallen off a cruise ship because they were pretending to be Jack and Rose from Titanic, bodies are out there some place. And of course, everyone here will blame me :eek:

Pegs;

Although I am new here, I feel it is only fair to let everyone know this: When I hear "I do not recommend this" or anything remotely resembling any such comment, that means "This applies to everyone else but Dee."

Ohhhhhh, I can hardly WAIT!:)