Dock or Tender.......??

halliewd

How do you know if you will dock or have to be tender at the different ports? We will be on the Sun going to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, privite island.

I would think it would be alot nicer to just be on a dock....we have something booked through NCL in Belize where/how will we be picked up?

The old ncl booking site listed whether you docked or tendered ... but those details seem to have gotten left behind with the new look. You'll be in for a long tender at Belize as that port just isn't deep enough for the cruise ships. As I recall it is was a good 30- 40 minute ride. Belize provides large tenders that hold quite a lot of folks so it move along pretty well. You'll be divided up into groups according to your excusions when you get to the landing area and buses or appropriate transport will be provided. It's really very well organized on that end. Roatan you'll dock, and you should dock in Cozumel as well since the pier has been repaired now. Never been to the private island but I believe you tender by the ship's lifeboats there. The tender time in Belize is about 20 minutes ... memory isn't as good as it once was. I guess it just seemed longer than it actually was ... anticipation and all that ... Are we there yet??

If you have already have access to your edocs, it says in there. From what I remember, Belize is Tender, Roatan - can't remember, Cozumel is usually Dock, and Private Island is Tender.

For our two different Belize NCL excursions, I believe one had tenders just for the excursion and we left straight from the ship. The other we took the 'regular' tender and met on the pier, then left for the excursion. When you get your excursion tickets, it will tell you where/when to meet.

l . Never been to the private island but I believe you tender by the ship's lifeboats there.

You don't tender with the ship's lifeboats at GSC (private island). The tenders are stationed at the neighbour island, among them the tenders of the late SS Norway, and of course the Bahamaramamama.

This is a good question.....does anyone know if the Pearl docks or tenders in Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, Tortola and Semana?

Barbados, Antigua, and St. Lucia are docking ports. I don't know about Tortola or Samana.

This is a good question.....does anyone know if the Pearl docks or tenders in Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, Tortola and Semana?

Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Tortola are docks usually (sometimes if it is crowded a ship may be forced to tender).

Haven't yet been to Samana... jury is still out on that one.

Ship Name: Norwegian Sun Sailing Date: 12/8/2007 Date Port-Itinerary Activity Dep Arrive 12/8/2007MIAMI, FLORIDA DEPART4:00 PM

12/9/2007AT SEACRUISE

12/10/2007 ROATAN, HONDURAS ARRIVE-DOCK

8:00 AM 12/10/2007 ROATAN, HONDURAS DEPART5:00 PM

12/11/2007 BELIZE CITY, BELIZE ARRIVE-ANCHOR

8:00 AM 12/11/2007 BELIZE CITY, BELIZE DEPART5:00 PM

12/12/2007 COZUMEL, MEXICO ARRIVE-ANCHOR

8:00 AM 12/12/2007 COZUMEL, MEXICO DEPART5:00 PM

12/13/2007AT SEACRUISE

12/14/2007 GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS ARRIVE-ANCHOR

9:00 AM12/14/2007 GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS DEPART6:00 PM

12/15/2007 MIAMI, FLORIDA ARRIVE-DOCK

8:00 AM

Remember that the number of ships in port that day can make a difference on whether you're docked or tendered also. I've been to St Thomas 4 times and always docked but on the upcoming cruise, because of the number of ships in port and we're the last ones in, we'll have to tender. :rolleyes:

on the spirit this dec, we booked our excrusions through the ship. last NCL cruise, i didn't do any NCL excrusions (alaska), but with such long bus/boat rides and tendering in 1 port...we went ahead and booked them through the ship. i gather we will be meeting at a certain, to-be-announced, location on the ship before we tender. it should be listed in the tickets, which will be in your room when you 1st get there.

i was surprised to see i only have 1 tender port..belize (they all tender there)..

Ship Name:

Norwegian Spirit

12/4/2007

ROATAN, HONDURAS

ARRIVE-DOCK

1:00 Pm

12/5/2007

SANTO TOMAS DE CASTILLA, GUATEMALA

ARRIVE-DOCK

8:00 AM

12/6/2007

BELIZE CITY, BELIZE