Just Back from Wyndham 10/6

PDsandman01

We took a taxi $17 to Wyndham resort in Nassau. I've seen many questions about price, so we went to find out. The cab driver wanted to take us to Cabbage Beach and said "you have to pay for Cable Beach." The three of us entered the main entrance and stopped at the first counter we saw and asked where we could find day passes. He promptly handed us 3 bright yellow bracelets and three buffet passes. When I asked how much, he looked at me puzzeled and said..."They're free.":eek:

We had access to everything and for a pool update...It had water and was beautiful, but still closed. I am not sure exactly when it will open, but they seem to be finishing up with painting etc.

The swimming are is slightly smaller than I imagine but the water was bright and clear. Not very crowded at all. We returned to the ship using a bus that charged nothing as well. The whole day in Nassau and at the Wyndham cost us $20.

We don't know why we got ours free...All I have seen is $15.

There was a sign by the pool that said that we could use the Sheraton Pools about 100-200 yards down the beach. We didn't though...we just enjoyed the sand and the beach. It is a shame though, the Wyndham pool looked wonderful complete with slide and swim-up bar. Maybe they did give them to us for free because of the pool. Lucky us.

i just got back from the wyndham too. i was there on tuesday of this week and the pool was still shut down. after reading on this board about the jitney we took that the the wyndham for $1. we walked to the counter, bought a $15 day pass and went outside. the place was DEAD! it was wonderful. pool was shut down so we spent most of the day at the sheraton in there pool. most of the time we were the only ones in the pool and i think there were about 4 people at the beach. we loved every second of it!

I have a question. My DD really wants to bring her body board and boogie board on our cruise and use them when we're in Nassau and at Coco Cay, how's the water at Cable Beach? I've been thinking about spending the day there at the Wyndham. Could she play/body board in the waves or are there bad currents or flat calm water in either place? She's only used the body board at Cocoa Beach which had decent waves for a beginner.

I'm just trying to decide whether it's worth figuring out how to bring them as luggage.

Thanks!

Hunzi

I have a question. My DD really wants to bring her body board and boogie board on our cruise and use them when we're in Nassau and at Coco Cay, how's the water at Cable Beach? I've been thinking about spending the day there at the Wyndham. Could she play/body board in the waves or are there bad currents or flat calm water in either place? She's only used the body board at Cocoa Beach which had decent waves for a beginner.

I'm just trying to decide whether it's worth figuring out how to bring them as luggage.

Thanks!

Hunzi

Unless there's a storm brewing.. the water at Cable Beach will be too calm for boarding.

Archived