All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

• 6 months later...

Will be on the Voyager of the Seas for the first time on April 10-17 :)

This thread seems like a good one, but is a bit dated and I would appreciate if anyone had more recent info on the following:

-Are there blow dryers in each cabin? If not, are they available on board?

-Are irons available on board?

-We have a Stingray City excursion booked (Captain Marvins) for our stop in GC. We need to make the first tender, which I beleive is at 10am. What is the best way to ensure we make it on the first tender? (are there any tips? how long in advance should we be at the tender area? etc)

These three questions are the ones that I am most curious about...but if anyone has any other tips/suggestions to make the most of this ship please chime in.

Thanks a bunch!!

This thread seems like a good one, but is a bit dated and I would appreciate if anyone had more recent info on the following:

-We have a Stingray City excursion booked (Captain Marvins) for our stop in GC. We need to make the first tender, which I beleive is at 10am. What is the best way to ensure we make it on the first tender? (are there any tips? how long in advance should we be at the tender area? etc)

These three questions are the ones that I am most curious about...but if anyone has any other tips/suggestions to make the most of this ship please chime in.

Thanks a bunch!!

We were on the Voyager last week. Yes, there was a blow dryer in our cabin, not sure about an iron room.

The first tenders are for RCL excursions. The only suggestion would be to show up 1 hour before they say they would start handing out tender tickets. They started handing them out earlier than what was posted in the daily. SB

Thanks a bunch!!

We were on the Voyager last week. Yes, there was a blow dryer in our cabin, not sure about an iron room.

The first tenders are for RCL excursions. The only suggestion would be to show up 1 hour before they say they would start handing out tender tickets. They started handing them out earlier than what was posted in the daily. SB

We are going on our first RCI cruise on Sunday also on the Voyager, good questions. I have read somewhere on these boards that irons are not in the room and not allowed to be taken. They do have laundry service for decent prices..

I keep getting different answers on being able to take bottled water and Diet Dr. Peppers, but I am going to try and take a case of each, if they confiscate them, well I am not out much money at all.. I am planning on taking them on a carry on bag though.. Don't want to end up in the naughty room I have been reading about..

We are excited about leaving on Sunday.. Yeahhh

Yes, there are blow dryers in every cabin, but you can only use them at the vanity area--cord doesn't reach any further & you have to keep your finger on the button for it to work--I always take my own.

No, you can not take irons on board--fire hazzard & there is no self serve laundry--only way to get anything pressed is to have them do it at a cost!

Good luck on getting a case of anything on board. We checked out naught room on last cruise just to see what was going on--talked to a young gentleman--he said he had checked a case of water--they let him keep 6 bottles. Another person had 1 bottle of water in their carry on & they took it. Galveston has really gotten tight--they are pretty much confiscating everything.

The hair dryers are terrible...have to hold your thumb on button to keep it on, not very powerful and doesn't get very hot at all. It's well worth the trouble to take your own!!

I wouldn't even bother with taking a case of your drinks...they will get confiscated! Take a 6-pack of each and I think you'll be OK. You might could get by with you taking 6 & your traveling companion taking 6... maybe. At each port you will probably have the opportunity to stock up a little; however you might have a hard time finding Diet Dr. Pepper.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!!

kruzkween

Archived