Question On Ship's Time Conquest

SUGARSHACKER

I Have Seen This Somewhere But Could Someone Refresh My Memory

Please. Does The Conquest Stay On Central Time When In Port At Grand Cayman Which Is Eastern Time. I Also Know They Do Not Do The Daylight Saving Time In The Caymans. I Best Remember If It Is 9 Am There, It Is I Think 8 Am. On The Ship Am I Right? There Have Been Many Discussion On Excursions Per Ship And Others Off The Ship To Meet The Right Time Schedule. I Usually Book With The Ship But Maybe Not So This Time. Thanks In Advance I Plan To Call Carnival In The Am If I Don't Have A Reply When I Get Up In The Am. Happy Cruisn To Everyone.

Sharon

P.s. I Was There Last Year But Can't Remember That Happens With Age.

We sailed on her about a month ago, and the time never changed. I wondered about that too, you'd think going that far east you'd hit another time zone, but we never did. I don't know if going back to Standard time from Daylight Savings time will matter or not. Although I didn't really understand it I wasn't complaining!

When are you sailing? We enjoyed it so much I booked another cruise on her this morning for Feb. 24.:D Too many things we didn't see or do the first time.

If you haven't sailed the Conquest before you're in for a treat. That's the only cruise we've been on so have nothing to compare, but we sure loved it!

Fair winds,

JHC

The Conquest will stay on it's port time. No need to reset your watch. Grand Cayman is on Eastern Time so there is currently an hour time differential there...

I've been on the Conquest when they have changed ships time to port time. So it is possible. I don't think they have done it for a while though.

Grand Cayman is in the Eastern Time Zone, but they do not observe Daylight Savings Time (DST). So the Central Time Zone catches up to them during DST. During my Labor Day cruise, the Conquest did not change times at all.

When DST is over, they will be one hour behind the Conquest. Its up to the ship's Capt. if he will adjust ship's time or keep it the same. (There is no standard policy then it comes to cruise ships.) Keep an eye on the capers and set your watch, not cell phone,to ship's time.

Archived