Dawn Return Flight Planning

chelles24

Hello!! We have booked a group of 6 sailing on the Dawn in December. I'm trying to find our return flight tickets, but wonder what is the EARLIEST time flights should be booked out of both MIA and FLL? It appears our ship docks back in Miami at 6 am.

Thanks!!

Always plan at least 90 minutes after docking for the ship to clear customs before anyone is allowed off. (sometimes an hour, but better to be safe, on one cruise it was almost 2 hours before we were cleared.)

30 minutes minimum to get off and get a cab. (longer if you don't do express disembarkation.) (you have to carry all of your own luggage).

Then 2 hours prior to your flight for arrival at the airport.

I don't know how long it would take to get from the cruise port to the airport, but add that in.

I would think any flight from 12 noon on would be doable.

Both airports are a mess on most days and so is traffic, weekends are particularly congested.

Just to be safe I would not book a flight before 1:30.

So, you have to factor in.......how many ships are in port that day......what day is it.........what date? is it close to the Holidays?........what airport are you going to? FLL is farther away.....

Archived