POH 8/27-9/3 Cruise Review

hazeleyez3

I posted a brief message about 1 month ago stating that I was very happy with the Hawaiian Islands, but very unhappy with the POH and its staff.

Here is some of the details...

We had a Romance Suite, and were on the 10th deck.

Part of the hallway had a very foul odor. I spoke with two cabin stewards about it, they both agreed it was a foul odor, but also told me that is how it typically smelled.

There was a half empty vodka bottle in our room when we embarked.

Our sheets were never changed - yes we specifically asked to have them changed.

Our balcony was completely covered in ash and cigarette butts, and again, it was not cleaned as we requested.

Our butler did not know anything about the coffee maker, and asked us if we were supposed to have fruit - told us he didn't know what all our perks were.

Breakfast at Cagneys - we tried it twice. The first day I ordered the waffle with the pineapple topping. I received a plain waffle - the waiter told me he didn't know waffles ever came with anything (The menu lists the choices). The 2nd day I started with fruit which was to come with creme fraische and brown sugar, but the waiter, again, wasn't aware of it. I also ordered an asparagus frittata which, according to the menu, came with potatoes. The frittata I got was spinach, and the waiter (surprise, surprise) didn't know that it came with any potatoes. We did speak with the restaurant manager both days.

The Main Dining Room - The menus never matched the TV in our room, nor what the front desk had. We spoke with the Maitre'D and found out the menus had changed 1 month prior. The desserts were changed, they didn't have the macadamia nut soup, by day 4 or 5 they ran out of the "always available" grilled wahoo. Their melon cup did not contain any melons.

Paniolos - Its listed as a tapas restaurant, but doesn't serve tapas.

Priority Tendering - We had tix that said we had priority tendering for Kona. When we presented them to the staff we were told it wasn't being offered, and we had to wait with everyone else.

Debarkation - We had priority debarkation and could leave anytime between 8 or 8:30 and 10:30. We were practically kicked out at 9:30. As soon as we got to the elevators they shut the door to the hallways. Now the icing on the cake... we put our luggage out the night before around 9pm. When we got off the ship it wasn't with the other gold luggage tags. When we asked the "staff" members about it we were told to go to the lost and found and fill out a missing bag report. When we got there we found a lot of priority/suite guests were already there, had been there for approx. an hour and still had no luggage. The NCLA staff members didn't help the us until around 11am. At which point they spoke with some crew members, and found out that they forgot to unload the luggage. We finally got it around 11:30 or so.

Luckily it was port intensive, and it was Hawaii, so this didn't "ruin" our cruise and honeymoon; however, neither of us could believe all of the problems we encountered.

Yes, I wrote 5 pages worth of comments and attached them to the comment card. Yes, I sent Colin Veitch and Scott Hamby (the Hotel Director for the POH) a very detailed email outlining each of our problems. Yes, I did receive a response that they have given my email to each of the appropriate areas, and are working to resolve the issues. Yes, we have been awarded a good number of credits towards a future cruise - whether we want to take that chance is another story.

Archived