Cabo Underwater Sea Scooter Adventure

icons

Has anyone done the Cabo Underwater Sea Scooter Adventure? Please let us know, as we are interested in doing this, on our Oct 28th cruise. How do you breathe? and my Wife wants to know does your hair get wet? Do you wear a helmet, or what? Thanks. Bob & Debi

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking about, but here's what we ran into in Cabo. We went out on the Oceanus snorkle cruise (I highly recommend it) last year and they had 5 or 6 mini-subs onboard at that time. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to. We didn't try them (they were already fully booked before we realized what they were), but I think I heard they were $85.00 for 30 minutes in the sub. I'm not sure if that was in addition to the cost of the snorkle cruise or an all inclusive price. They also had wetsuits available to rent onboard if you're in Cabo when the water's cool.

To see what the subs look like, here is a link to an operator that rents them in the Bahamas http://www.sub-bahamas.com/what_r_subs.htm

The ones on the Oceanus are teathered to a bouy so you can't go deeper than about 10-15 feet and get into trouble

Has anyone done the Cabo Underwater Sea Scooter Adventure? Please let us know, as we are interested in doing this, on our Oct 28th cruise. How do you breathe? and my Wife wants to know does your hair get wet? Do you wear a helmet, or what? Thanks. Bob & Debi

The B.O.B. or Breathing Observation Bubble is the same as the Underwater Sea Scooter. And yes, it is on the Oceanus boat. You do get your head wet since you have to duck down under the bubble part while it is in the water. The air is pumped into the bubble and you drive around attached to the tether. The SeaTrek Helmet dive is the one where you do not get your hair wet. You can also wear contacts and corrective lens. Air is pumped directly into the helmet and you walk on the floor of the ocean. But max depth is 20ft so no worries! Let me know if you have more questions, I have done both several times here.

• 1 year later...

Archived