fancy dress nights????

loobylouuk

yipee......i recieved my tickets today for Oriana on the 22nd. (very excited)

read and re-read ticket blog and am now worried that the forty suitcases i have may not be enough due to "tropical night,black & white night,60-70's night and a country and western night!!!

please tell me these are optional wear and that not every one joins in!

The stress of packing for 4 formals,and 4 semis for myself and 2 girls is killin me!!............there are lists all over my house.......clothes you can wear and not wear piled to the ceiling, clumps of socks and pants in various sizes,glitterery frocks all over the place..................i dont think i've got room for cowboy boots and a stetson:D :D :D

Some body please put me out of my misery and let me know the deal.

Lou

I have never yet considered wearing any of these mad outfits. As you say, there is more than enough to pack!

I just wear a dress or a skirt and top on those silly nights and my husband wears a short sleeved shirt and chinos.

Have a great time!

Caryl

yipee......i recieved my tickets today for Oriana on the 22nd. (very excited)

read and re-read ticket blog and am now worried that the forty suitcases i have may not be enough due to "tropical night,black & white night,60-70's night and a country and western night!!!

please tell me these are optional wear and that not every one joins in!

The stress of packing for 4 formals,and 4 semis for myself and 2 girls is killin me!!............there are lists all over my house.......clothes you can wear and not wear piled to the ceiling, clumps of socks and pants in various sizes,glitterery frocks all over the place..................i dont think i've got room for cowboy boots and a stetson

Some body please put me out of my misery and let me know the deal.

Lou

Hi Lou,

It is not as bad as it looks:-

1. Black & White night is a formal night which is easy as the men are sorted with a DJ in black or white, well cream. And all the ladies have their little or long black number.

2. 60's/70's and C & W nights are on smart casual nights and are usually taken up by a few passengers and the ents. staff. They mostly end up with a party on deck until about midnight. If you have the 'gear' for either then take it along, I would not buy anything specially, but others would and have a great time.

3. Tropical night is when you can put on your loud shirts and dresses. A lot of cruisers have been to the Caribbean and have them in their wardrobe. The shirts are very thin and have little weight so will not affect packing.

Have a wonderful time, and take good care of the ship, cos some of us will be on the next cruise.:D

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi, just got back from 2 weeks on Arcadia with the same theme nights as you. The Black & White night was formal and nearly everyone wore b & w except for about 3 women all in bright scarlet (not together, dotted around the restaurant), which seemed to me a bit like saying "Look at me! Aren't I wonderful? I'm not going to be like the rest of you."

Tropical night was a good turn out, most of the men in bright shirts and ladies in colourful dresses with flowers in their hair. (I understand P&O used to give out flower garlands but no longer.)

60s/70s night - nobody bothered. After dinner I went and changed into a 60s mini dress (the shops are full of them at the moment, but mostly sold as tops!) and danced the night away to 60/70s music, but didn't have the nerve to wear it to dinner. The entertainment team were all dressed up in wigs and flares.

Country & Western was the last night, most people just wore jeans which they were travelling home in as they'd packed everything else! A few (myself included) wore check shirts, and you could buy plastic cowboy hats for £2.99 in the shop (and droopy moustaches if you were so inclined!)

"Informal" nights were interesting, some people wore the same as formal nights, sequins etc, some just wore t-shirts and trousers/skirts, I think it is more for the men, ie still have to wear a jacket.

Hope this helps,

Polly

A few (myself included) wore check shirts, and you could buy plastic cowboy hats for £2.99 in the shop (and droopy moustaches if you were so inclined!)

oh and to think i paid to have mine waxed off last week:D :D

Thanks everyone feeling slightly less nervous now.

Dai... will look after ship for you! have a good one

Lou

PLEASE write a trip report when you get back Lou!

I won't get to read about Dai's adventures as I get on after he disembarks.

Have a good time!

Caryl

I am sure it will still be around when you come back. In fact I will show you mine if you show me yours:D:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Hi, just got back from 2 weeks on Arcadia with the same theme nights as you. The Black & White night was formal and nearly everyone wore b & w except for about 3 women all in bright scarlet (not together, dotted around the restaurant), which seemed to me a bit like saying "Look at me! Aren't I wonderful? I'm not going to be like the rest of you."

Tropical night was a good turn out, most of the men in bright shirts and ladies in colourful dresses with flowers in their hair. (I understand P&O used to give out flower garlands but no longer.)

60s/70s night - nobody bothered. After dinner I went and changed into a 60s mini dress (the shops are full of them at the moment, but mostly sold as tops!) and danced the night away to 60/70s music, but didn't have the nerve to wear it to dinner. The entertainment team were all dressed up in wigs and flares.

Country & Western was the last night, most people just wore jeans which they were travelling home in as they'd packed everything else! A few (myself included) wore check shirts, and you could buy plastic cowboy hats for £2.99 in the shop (and droopy moustaches if you were so inclined!)

"Informal" nights were interesting, some people wore the same as formal nights, sequins etc, some just wore t-shirts and trousers/skirts, I think it is more for the men, ie still have to wear a jacket.

Hope this helps,

Polly

Now you frighten me T shirts for informal nights I am glad we decided on Cunard for our 2009 World Cruise after being on P & O for years. Dont like the decline of the dress codes- part of the magic of cruising is dessing up. Like all the answers B & W night seems to be adhered to plus tropical night but the others not so much.

Now you frighten me T shirts for informal nights I am glad we decided on Cunard for our 2009 World Cruise after being on P & O for years. Dont like the decline of the dress codes- part of the magic of cruising is dessing up. Like all the answers B & W night seems to be adhered to plus tropical night but the others not so much.

I think it was the ladies who were in T shirts, You can get very fancy ones now with sequins etc. not the men.

And from what I have read about Cunard and the QM2 you are jumping from a frying pan were on formal night 95% of men wear DJ's to the fire where the number is far less according to a recent post on CC. Ah well your loss.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Archived