Which Deck on Coral/Island Princess?

drm31078

This our first cruise ever...we are getting an interior room on the Island Princess with a choice of the Dolphin, Caribe, or Plaza deck (K Category). Can anyone suggest which deck would be best?

It also seems that these rooms are directly next to laundry rooms (white box on deck plan), is that going to be a problem?

Thanks!

All of those locations would be OK. With an interior room, there is a lot less to consider such as bumpouts and balcony sizes. Are you planning on marking your reservation for an upgrade? I would if I were you. It doesn't mean you will get an upgrade, but that you are open to one.

All of those locations would be OK. With an interior room, there is a lot less to consider such as bumpouts and balcony sizes. Are you planning on marking your reservation for an upgrade? I would if I were you. It doesn't mean you will get an upgrade, but that you are open to one.

How do you mark the reservation for upgrade?

This our first cruise ever...we are getting an interior room on the Island Princess with a choice of the Dolphin, Caribe, or Plaza deck (K Category). Can anyone suggest which deck would be best?

It also seems that these rooms are directly next to laundry rooms (white box on deck plan), is that going to be a problem?

Thanks!

I would choose dolphin or caribe deck, as you would have easy access to the small and rarely used rear decks...there is usually no one else out there, so it would be like having your own aft balcony. Not sure about laundry room noise...

I think if this is your first cruise ever, and you're getting an interior room, the Plaza Deck is good because it's low on the ship. We've been accross from laundry rooms before and never heard a thing and it's very convenient to use the iron in there. You will love the Island Princess, she is one of our favorite ships (the Coral which is her twin is our second favorite).

drm, to mark your reservation for an upgrade, just tell your TA to leave you open for upgrades. In actuality, every booking is marked for upgrades unless you specifically mark it "No Upgrades" because you are thrilled with the cabin and location you selected.

The post mentioning the aft decks on Caribe and Dolphin that would be easy to use is a good thought, as is the one about staying low and in the middle of the ship on Plaza to avoid possible seasickness.

We love the Coral and have never cruised the Island, but since they are sister ships I'm sure the Island is wonderful. Have a great cruise!

Archived