Arcadia - Aft cabins

speedwell

Well I haven't actually been in one but will be in one in 7 weeks to the Caribbean and again in July to Venice. We sussed them out last year and decided they looked great, bigger cabins and much bigger balconies so if you are offered one I would grab it! Someone will say they are overlooked but on E deck nobody will see much, you are far enough way from the top decks. Which cruise are you on?

Thanks for your replies.

I have had aft cabins on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean in the past. Celebrity balconies are particularly large with room for 2 sunloungers, a reasonably sized table and 4 chairs - ideal for breakfast.

I was actually enquiring on behalf of a friend taking his first cruise. He will be going to Norway on August 3rd 2008

Speedwell

HI there,

Yes go for it!!!!! We stayed in E184 last October and absolutely loved it. The cabin is actually about 3 feet longer than the port or starboard side balcony cabins and the balcony is way much bigger - if I remember correctly E184 is apprx 330 square feet so you will gain alot of space.

Don't worry about being overlooked - down on E deck you are so far down that the only people you see and speak to are those on D or C decks. Also there is nothing obstructing your view of the wonderful ocean and wake and the aft cabins are pure joy for coming in and out of port.

We loved the aft cabins so much that this year we had D184 which worked out even bigger - approx 375 square feet, same cabin size but a longer balcony with one additional panel put in so loads of room with a table, 2 sunloungers and 2 chairs to laze in as well.

Also worth pointing out that you do not get any 'passing traffic' noise like you do midships, as you are a little way from the nearest lifts and the aft cabins are a bit like living in a cul-de-sac environment, i.e. the only people that come down that way are those with cabins so very quiet as well.

Can't beat those aft cabins - enjoy.

PS Just before I end, just one little word of warning - this time round, we did suffer a little from soot on the balcony from the funnel whereas last year, we experienced zilch so just worth mentioning.

Enjoy:D

Regards,

Babs

Hi My wife and I have cruised on Arcadia before and have booked for the top of the world cruise next July 2008. We selected the E186 based on what we noted durign the last cruise. Much bigger balcony and while in the fjords the advantage of an all round view as you sail along

Thanks for Info Babs do you have any cabin or balcony pictures for E184

Hi soletread, yes we do have some photos but will have to dig them out as it was last year when we had E184.

One thing I would ask is do you know if E186 is one of the 4 inner block of cabins or is it one of the adjacent ones between the junior suites and the block of 4.

The reason I ask is that the block of 4 cabins (E184 being one of them) are slighty bigger than the 2 adjacent cabins and you gain additional space.

We notice this last year so made sure we also went for D184 this year to gain the additional 3 feet cabin space. Come what may, the balcony sizes are the same.

You will enjoy the aft, as you say, great views. We will always book aft cabins now that we have been spoiled.

Regards,

Babarella

I am really really tempted by these aft cabins, and nearly booked them for Venice next May, but hubbie is worried about the noise of the wake churning/propeller? underneth you. Surely the wake churn etc is noisy? Doesn't worry me atall as I'm a bit deaf LOL, but he has supreme hearing - even the noise of the air conditioning bothers him at times in the cabin.

Barb, what do you think? FOR US? Shall we stick to side balconies onh b&C decks ??

Sue

Dear Sue,

I can honestly say that it is not noisy and we have been low down on E and D decks

Remember the only time that he is going to worry will be during the night and we noticed that often the ship is travelling at a snails pace at this time.

All I can say is that when you are going through the Bay of Biscay you do experience maybe a little more movement but not much. That is also another reason for being lower done - less movement.

I can honestly say we will only take aft cabins now and so will only ever be interested in the ships that offer them and with P & O I think I am right in saying that it is only Arcadia and Ventura. I also believe that on Ventura they are being offered more as premium mini suites so will be expensive on her, so makes Arcadia a good deal.

Shouldn't be telling you this as they will always be sold out:eek: but having said that we have no plans to do Arcadia again for a few years now as so many other things to do and places to see and other ships to try.

My advise is try it - I am sure you will not regret it.

Regards,

Babs

Dear Sue,

I can honestly say that it is not noisy and we have been low down on E and D decks

Remember the only time that he is going to worry will be during the night and we noticed that often the ship is travelling at a snails pace at this time.

All I can say is that when you are going through the Bay of Biscay you do experience maybe a little more movement but not much. That is also another reason for being lower done - less movement.

I can honestly say we will only take aft cabins now and so will only ever be interested in the ships that offer them and with P & O I think I am right in saying that it is only Arcadia and Ventura. I also believe that on Ventura they are being offered more as premium mini suites so will be expensive on her, so makes Arcadia a good deal.

Shouldn't be telling you this as they will always be sold out but having said that we have no plans to do Arcadia again for a few years now as so many other things to do and places to see and other ships to try.

My advise is try it - I am sure you will not regret it.

Regards,

Babs

Play the game Babs, be honest with the people these aft cabins are awful small, noisy, dark, and you would not wish them on your worst enemy, especially the corner end suites with there tiny balconies that you could not swing a cat in.:mad:

You are giving people all the wrong idea.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

:cool:

Do you think they will swallow that:confused:

Well I shall be in one of those horrible corner suites in 6 weeks and don't know how I will survive. With a bit of luck everyone will believe you and I shall have the whole of the aft to myself with about half a dozen butlers fussing over me!

Hate to throw a damper but friends of ours had one of those horrible suites and had to be given an A-deck cabin for sleeping because of vibration.

Then as for the butler, madam after 3 days or so just wished he would just go awat and let her get on with hair, make-up and dressing rather than trying to butle.

Hate to throw a damper but friends of ours had one of those horrible suites and had to be given an A-deck cabin for sleeping because of vibration.

How long ago was that?

I am told that the after vibration (caused by cavitation around 18kts and above) was susbtantially fixed by an air blowing system to create a cushion between screws and hull.

David

Well these suites do sound truly terrible, let's hope there is no-one in them except me! I'm sure I will survive the vibration, noise etc, people looking at me on the balcony, and will enjoy the sunshine, drinks, food, company and relaxation. Which is more important?

Abbafan

What a fan dabby doo photo of a aft balcony cabin on Arcadia...... I have made a 'ALL ABOUT ARCADIA' photo album up, with over 55 photos of Arcadia, which I show to newbies of this lovely ship. Please can I add this photo to the album - pretty please?:rolleyes:

Sue

This is my Arcadia Album link if you want to have a look:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/AllAboutArcadia

Sue

I mean who would want an uninterrupted sheltered view of the ships wake??;)

DSCF0101.jpg

Cabin E187

Wonderful picture.......I could sit there for hours (Oi Butler get up off your fat lazy backside and get my Earl Grey) on the other hand............................

Hi there,

You will enjoy the aft cabins. I was in one when I sailed through the Panama Canal in April and what a thrill it was too!

The New Queen Victoria has designated all of it's aft cabins as Grill Suites and they are certainly worth the view and money.

Check out www.welovecruiseships.com for lots of videos and pictures of Arcadia.

Enjoy!

WLCS

Archived