cave tubing

jkmom2

I'll be in Belize Jan. 17 and wanted some information on my family and I doing some cave tubing and zip lining. This will be our 1st time, would you recommend that we book it on the ship or with a private company. There are 4 of us total. Youngest being 14 yrs. old. How is lunch and is it good? Is there time for shopping after a tour. I'd like to pick up some spices and souvenirs. Thank you

I'll be in Belize Jan. 17 and wanted some information on my family and I doing some cave tubing and zip lining. This will be our 1st time, would you recommend that we book it on the ship or with a private company. There are 4 of us total. Youngest being 14 yrs. old. How is lunch and is it good? Is there time for shopping after a tour. I'd like to pick up some spices and souvenirs. Thank you

If you are a seasoned cruiser/traveller, I would not hesitate to book the tour on your own UNLESS you are a paranoid traveller that will worry themself to death with questions like "WIll I get back to the ship on time", Is this company reputible", "What if the dont show up when I arrive", "Do I have to pre pay and what if cancelled will I get money back" ?

THere is a "sticky post" at the top of the Belize boards that gives a breakdown of the tour operators offering this type of excursion..... I have been well pleased with Major Tom as have others and then some have been pleased with other vendors listed.... I suggest you look at the reviews and comments on all the vendors to make an intelligent decision on who you elect to book with and always factor in customer service, safety, payment/refund policy... PRI$E should not be the final decision in my opinion ! If I can be of any more help... just drop a line or post on this thread.

PS.... Lunch for $5 is optional, but WELL WORTH the minimal costs....chicken, rice and beans, dessert and a beverage. On our tour we had a variety of things to choose from i.e. chicken strips, cheeseburgers, etc... Make sure to try the local beer if you like that type of beverage. For the kids.... FRESH Lime Juice or Punch is usally offered as well.

In order to do the cave tubing, zipline, and lunch followed by shopping will be pushing it unless you are in the port late before having to tender back to your ship. Shopping is not great outside the port area and you could grab a souvenier or two when heading back to the ship. I would focus on the tours more than shopping in Belize.

We have done the cave tubing in Belize and had a fabulous time. Plan to take some new cruiser friends to do the tubing in January. The lunch is so yummy and the bread that comes with it is YUMMO! We ate right there where you head out to do the tubing, after returning from tubing.

Kathy in northern Maine

We were first timer and we planned our excursion through an independent tour guide because the zip-line/cave tubing was not available through the ship. It was a great experience. Our tour package included lunch. Chicken, rice, and bean: it was good.

The problem you will have is picking the tour group to go with. The ones that you hear about on this board are all good. At least, they all have a lot of satisfied customers - their best advertising.

One of our group ask about getting some rum and their driver (we were three van worth) stopped at a store away from the port, better prices. You might ask about stopping for your spices. There are stores and vendors in the terminal where you can shop as well. We had time to shop.

Archived