what to do in PV - Bucerias???

cruisevacationsrock

I was recommended to go to the beaches in Bucerias when we are in PV.

From what I understand you can eat, ride horses, rent ATVs, boogie boards etc. Has anyone been there and have good/bad experiences? I've found a smattering of Bucerias info on here, but nothing that says it was good or not, so I was hoping to get more info. Also, if anyone knows how much a cab would cost? It's about a 25 minute ride from PV.

Thanks for any help!

C

We have been to Bucerias many times. It's a typical small Mexican town. It has a great open market for purchasing Mexican stuff like t-shirts, hats, vanilla etc. The prices are better than in PV. There are some fun beachfront bars and resturants as well. There are no hotels in which to pay a fee to use their facilities. You would need to go back to Nuevo to somewhere like the Marival to find that.

There are no ATV rentals. We tried when we were there in March to find some. You have to take a tour and go back in the hills to ATV in that area. You will find parasailing. Never seen any horses either. If you want to spend a day at the beach and do boogie boarding, parasailing, waverunner rental etc then you're best to go to a resort and pay their day use fee. The you will get fed, boozed have use of their resort, towels, water toys like boogie boards. Parasailing and waverunners would be extra. You will not get any of this in Bucerias (the hotel with food and booze and towels).

You can take the bus to Bucerias for about $1.50USD. A cab will run you around $25 each way. You can get the bus at Walmart which is across the street from the cruise port.

I'm not sure where you're itinerary goes but if you stop in Mazatlan, that is the place to rent ATV's and go riding. You can ride on the streets and the beach in Maz. If you want further info on this you can email me at sueganz01@hotmail.com

We've been to both PV and Maz many times.

We got to Bucerias all the time when we are down . Lovely little town... real Mexico, beautiful beach, cheap beer(5 Corona in a bucket for$5). Flea market beside the town square. Really great places to eat. Horses on the beach we ride all the time. Great waves for boogie boarding, nice shallow water. A really great way to spend the day under a palapa playing in the waves! one of our favorites. Also not crowded. The cab fare quoted is correct and they are abundant so it is easy to get in and out of. If you are in to surfing go further north to Sayulita, surfer paradise. Best waves for boogie boarding too! Great small town again with great food go try the fish taco!!!!. "Don Pedros" makes the best shrimp pizzza! Worth the trip you can spend a whole day, playing, watching small fishing boats, walking around the town. Pricier to get there I think $50 one way but a really great place to see!!! Rent boogie boards and surfboards/take a lesson right on the beach here!

If you are in to surfing go further north to Sayulita, surfer paradise. Best waves for boogie boarding too! Great small town again with great food go try the fish taco!!!!. "Don Pedros" makes the best shrimp pizzza! Worth the trip you can spend a whole day, playing, watching small fishing boats, walking around the town. Pricier to get there I think $50 one way but a really great place to see!!! Rent boogie boards and surfboards/take a lesson right on the beach here!

Yep, the further north you go the nicer it gets. We really like Punta Di Mita also.

Archived