Carnival Legend Grand Cayman Waverunner Excursion

hawks066

Hello all.. I am new to the board and an very pleased to have found a place like this to check out reviews and see what everyday people really think about certain cruises. My wife and I along with another couple have booked a Cruise on Carnival Legend for Feb 10, 2008 out of Tampa.

I've read about Excursions on the islands and one I saw was really neat. It's not part of Carnivals Excursion list but I found it through someones review here. It's a Grand Cayman Waverunner Excursion to Sting Ray City and Rum Pointe Beach. I was wondering if any of you fellow cruisers have been on this excursion?

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

I guess I am apprehensive about it because it's on a foreign land to me and I guess i'd take a Taxi to get there. It's seperate from the cruise ship list of things to do it looks like. Has anyone done this before? How was it? How did you get there? How are the locals of Grand Cayman? What can we expect to pay for a cab fare, etc etc.

Also have any of you been on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa? We are really looking forward to this trip. It seems that this ship doesn't have the activities like a basketball court, mini golf, etc that the others do.

Thanks

Jesse

We had a scheduled stingray tour that we missed (long island induced sleep in)............we took a cab to a beach on our own and made a nice inexpensive beach day out of it (and rented skii's).

Do the research, some swear by Carnival excursions, others will do independants. I've done just a few on my own, but they were highly recommended and were fantastic.

GOOD LUCK with your search

We did the Miracle out of Tampa before they switched.........GREAT port to sail from and GREAT class of ship (comfortable deckplan)

Hello all.. I am new to the board and an very pleased to have found a place like this to check out reviews and see what everyday people really think about certain cruises. My wife and I along with another couple have booked a Cruise on Carnival Legend for Feb 10, 2008 out of Tampa.

I've read about Excursions on the islands and one I saw was really neat. It's not part of Carnivals Excursion list but I found it through someones review here. It's a Grand Cayman Waverunner Excursion to Sting Ray City and Rum Pointe Beach. I was wondering if any of you fellow cruisers have been on this excursion?

I guess I am apprehensive about it because it's on a foreign land to me and I guess i'd take a Taxi to get there. It's seperate from the cruise ship list of things to do it looks like. Has anyone done this before? How was it? How did you get there? How are the locals of Grand Cayman? What can we expect to pay for a cab fare, etc etc.

Also have any of you been on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa? We are really looking forward to this trip. It seems that this ship doesn't have the activities like a basketball court, mini golf, etc that the others do.

Thanks

Jesse

We did the stingray wave runner excursion and we loved it! It was a pretty small group and a much cooler way to see the stingrays rather than board a boat with 100 other tourists. Plus the guides were great and taught us how to hold the stingrays and give it a kiss. We fed them squid and then he gave us a "massage" with the stingray. The cab was maybe $15 to get there. You can also hang out at the beach and the pool of the resort before or after the excursion.

DH and I just got back last Sunday from the Legend, and did this excursion. There were 4 couples total, and we had an incredibly personalized experience. Our guide spent over 2.5 hours with us and took us on an additional trip to see the starfish. The jet skis are FAST, and you get to ride them for a long time, as the sandbar and beach are pretty far from the resort.

Thanks

Jesse

Yep, we did that same tour last summer. Great guides and VERY nice. A lot more personable that the ship excursions where they huddle you out 50 at a time.

Got off the tender and grabbed a taxi for about $15 round trip. Driver actually gave us his card and said call him when we got done and sure enough 10 mins later he showed up and gave us a ride back to the tender.

Great island, nice people, and wonderful excursion....you'll love it!!!

Archived