Seating in Dining Room on Carnival

HightowerMom

I'm interested to learn about how we will be seated in the dining room. We have requested the earliest seating.

We are a family of 5 (3 kids). Will we have our own table or share with another family? I think we'd really ruin the mood if we had to share with a couple trying to have a romantic getaway.

What has been your experience? Any advice?

Thanks!!

We were a family of 5 (my parents, my kids and myself) and we were seated at a table with another group of 3. It was really nice. We made some good friends on that trip. It was 2 women and a 10 year old girl. My daughter keeps asking if Rachel (the 10 year old) is going to be on this cruise.

On three cruises with my twins, we've always had our own table at traditional dining. While I always enjoyed sitting at the largest table possible when cruising with my husband, while the twins are still so young, I'm more comfortable to just be alone at a table. Once we had a couple assigned to sit with us (I don't know what they did to the head waiter to be seated with twin toddlers!), but I told them I would completely understand if they asked to be moved.

If your kids are older, you might give it a try though. I started cruising as a child, and we always sat at large tables.

Best,

Mia

Thanks for asking this question. We are cruising with our dd aged 3 in January and we have asked for a small table preferably just us. Not because we are anti-social or because our dd is badly behaved but beacause I wouldn't want to upset anyone else. DD is great at the dinner table but its not a 100% guaranteed thing and I'd hate to disrupt other diners so I think dining alone is a better option for now! Really hoping we can fully partake in the formal dining room as dh and I HATE buffet.

Sarah x

How funny....everyone has their reasons...............but...there will be DH & me...and 3 grandkids...........I was really hoping that we would be seated with others.

A learning experience for the kids....plus someone else they could talk to besides us:eek: .........every time DH & I cruise we so enjoy the company of our table mates.........

Oh well........I guess we will find out in June:D

We have a family party of 9 on an upcoming cruise. Two kids, ages 6 and 9...the rest adults. This is on RCCL's Freedom, and am wondering how we will be seated? I'm not sure what size tables they have or how they would work this. Squeeze an extra place into an 8 top, or leave an empty space on a 10 (if they have 10 tops). Would they put that big of a group traveling together on a 12 or 14 seat table, and then put some unsuspecting passengers with us? We don't see each other often, so would rather it just be our group.

When we embarked, we headed for the dining room to find out about our dinner companions...we also didn't want to be seated with potentially child-unfriendly diners. Were happy to find out we would be seated with a Mom, 10 year old and 7 year old. They were fabulous dinner companions. Had we been seated with child-free folks, we would have requested a switch.

We've always gotten lucky and had a table just for our family. I'm not anti-social, but I don't really enjoy sharing a meal with people I don't know.

Once we get on board the ship we like to see where our table is. I think that if we were to get a group table on one of our upcoming cruises, I would see the Maitre'd and ask for a change.

Archived