Bike & Snorkel Excursion

KandCsailing

Has anyone tried the Mountain to Sea Bike and Snorkel Adventure excursion from Ocho Rios through Carnival? How much time do you have to snorkel? I would have liked to try this on our last cruise but it was not something that would have appealed to my in-laws and it was their first cruise. My husband and I both would like the biking and I thought that it woudl be a good chance for me to try snorkeling and he could hang out on the beach. Just planning for furture cruises.

The Mountain to Sea Bike Adventure is the same one that's also offered by Royal Caribbean...the operator is Chukka Cove Adventures. I posted a review of it back in April, that you can view here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=560250

To answer your specific question, it's not really a beach...it's a rocky outcrop that you can either dive off of or descend a ladder, and snorkel around the rocks. No sand. You aren't brought to the area until after the bike portion of the tour has concluded. There are a few picnic tables set up a little way from cove where your husband could hang out.

I wonder if anyone's tried it recently and when it's not raining? Prior to jtmalt's review, this tour had gotten rave reviews.

I'm considering it, and would like to know if they have made any changes since jtmalt's experience.

As I said in my review, I might have felt very differently about this excursion had it gone off without incident. However, the fact is that an accident did occur, and it demonstrated front and center the operator's inability to deal with injuries, and their attitude toward their guests.

I would not have believed that a well-know operator could have such a "so what" approach to a guest's injury if I hadn't been on the receiving end of it.

That's why this is an excursion I cannot ever recommend. Accidents can and do happen even in perfect weather. How the operator reacts to an accident is of paramount importance. In my opinion, they fell far short of the mark.

I sincerely hope that they have, indeed, instituted new policies to ensure that injured guests are handled appropriately, and I too look forward to hearing about positive changes.

I wonder if anyone's tried it recently and when it's not raining? Prior to jtmalt's review, this tour had gotten rave reviews.

I'm considering it, and would like to know if they have made any changes since jtmalt's experience.

My wife and I are signed up for this excursion, but having second thoughts after jtmalts bad experience. Where did you read the raving reviews on this bike trip. Found some for BlueMountain trips but they are too long for our time is port:confused:

My wife and I are signed up for this excursion, but having second thoughts after jtmalts bad experience. Where did you read the raving reviews on this bike trip. Found some for BlueMountain trips but they are too long for our time is port:confused:

Here are three threads in the Jamaica section that gave this tour good reviews:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=352449&highlight=bike

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=225472&highlight=bike

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=118872&highlight=bike

Archived