Looking for opinions of CCL Imagination Ray Runner Stingray City Snorkel excursion

SDRR

There seems to be more traffic under this heading than "Ports of Call", so I'll risk the wrath for posting in two headings... :o

If Carnival's Imagination offers the Ray Runner-Sting Ray City Snorkel Tour this coming February (not listed at this moment), we and another couple are considering taking it...

Any advice or opinions are certainly welcome!

TIA!!

We were on the Imagination last September, and didn't book any excursions via Carnival. When we got to Grand Cayman, we found a local tour who had a rep standing at the port. We paid $25 each and they took us to 3 snorkel spots and to Stingray City with a small group (I think there were 8 of us). It was the best deal of the entire trip!

From what we heard from others on the trip, the snorkel/stingray excursions were the best thing offered in Grand Cayman.

Either way, go have fun! I've including a pic of me "getting to know" one of the rays...

-Amy-

snorkel.jpg.b5f10cfd97657cd959bfd0147f80c00f.jpg

Thanks for the "scoop"!

We're traveling with two other couples (both of them have cruised before - DW & I haven't yet), and they're comfortable booking through the cruise line, so I'm going with the flow there.

One of the things that we were thinking was that being on those small boats would diminish the "crowded" aspect, and allow us a little more manueverability.

I do *NOT* enjoy cattle car experiences, and I get the impression that this Ray Runner boat bit for transportation could afford a little fun, and some "elbow room" both enroute to the spots, and while we're at Stingray City...

If I'm wrong, I sure hope somebody will point that out to me... :D :o

hi guys just to let you know the ray runner tour takes out a max of 18 people very good tour

At a max capacitiy of three per craft, I presume that the limit would then be six boats, as opposed to nine boats with two per craft?

I noticed that your photo showed your crew wearing closed cell foam ski vest. Did you change out of those into the inflatable snorkeling vest??

Thank you for the comments on the tour! :)

Archived