Snorkeling in Labadee Haiti

avidcruiser007

I just got back from Labadee a few weeks ago. My wife and I took a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) and we had the time of our lives!!! We went on a new snorkel trip called Labadee Snorkel Safari and it was by far the best snorkeling tour we have ever been on. You leave shore on a double deck catamaran boat and head down the coast of Haiti (which is simply beautiful) to a sandbar island for some spectacular snorkeling. Once at the island you've got about an hour to snorkel around then you can hang out on the sandbar and grab a drink from the bar while listening to some Haitian or Caribbean music. The whole trip is about 2 hours and the crew is very friendly and helpful. When you get back to Labadee the best thing to do there is find one of the beaches that aren't too crowded and take it easy. There is a beach all the way out at the end of the island called Hideaway beach where you can get away from the crowd but still do some swimming. I hope this info helps. i don't have too much info about the other tours since the snorkel trip is the only one we did but it was well worth it and we'll do it again if we go back to Labadee!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time in Labadee. It's one of our favorite cruise stops. We were there in August on the LOS.

We've never done snorkeling there (have done Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica). Labadee doesn't have a "reputation" for good snorkeling. We've heard there's not alot of marine life or coral. Did you see much at this particular site.

Jimmers

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time in Labadee. It's one of our favorite cruise stops. We were there in August on the LOS.

We've never done snorkeling there (have done Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica). Labadee doesn't have a "reputation" for good snorkeling. We've heard there's not alot of marine life or coral. Did you see much at this particular site.

Jimmers

You know, this was our first time in Labadee and we had planned on going off the beach but heard from some other snorkelers that did the snorkeling that day that said it was not good at all. Not much to see but sand. Then we heard of another snorkel trip that apparently Royal Caribbean just started up that was supposed to be great so we took a chance and did it. To be honest, we didn't see a lot of big fish but there were lots of smaller tropical fish. The coral and Invertebrates were the best I've seen in the Caribbean though. I've been snorkeling and diving in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica, Key west, St Lucia, St. Maarten and St. Thomas and this was by far the best. We also rented an underwater camera that takes video and still pics so we got lots of great shots of the area. If you're going to Labadee I would definitely give it a shot...we had a blast!

The coral and Invertebrates were the best I've seen in the Caribbean though. I've been snorkeling and diving in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica, Key west, St Lucia, St. Maarten and St. Thomas and this was by far the best. We also rented an underwater camera that takes video and still pics so we got lots of great shots of the area. If you're going to Labadee I would definitely give it a shot...we had a blast!

With all your experience at the various islands, it sounds like a pretty solid endorsement. Thanks.

Jimmers:)

Archived