Age in which baby can cruise?

Karysa

My SIL was thinking about taking a cruise with their baby who will be almost 4 months by the time of the cruise. Does anyone know if this is allowed or would he be too young according to the cruise lines?

Karysa

I don't know about the other cruise lines, but on Carnival, the baby has to be AT LEAST 4 months old. They also pay as if they were 30. :)

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Infant_Policy.aspx

We cruised last November on the Celebrity Mercury 11 days to Mexico with our whole family including a 3 month old.

Some cruise lines might have limits, so I would check to be sure before cruising.

BTW, our granddaughter was a delight to cruise with at that age. :)

RCCI has no age limitations, and neither does Celebrity. The other mass markets have a starting age of at least 4 months. Lines like Crystal/Seabourn/Silversea have minimum the minimum age of 1 year and for their more exotic itineraries in places like South America/Africa/Asia, the minimum age is 18 months.

My SIL was thinking about taking a cruise with their baby who will be almost 4 months by the time of the cruise. Does anyone know if this is allowed or would he be too young according to the cruise lines?

Karysa

Hi Karysa :)

We will be taking a three generation family cruise on Holland America during Thanksgiving week, which will include our six month old granddaughter.

I can't speak for all cruise lines, but know from my research that Holland America, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity will allow a four month old infant to cruise.

This might not matter to you, but Holland America will provide in cabin baby sitting, based on availability, for a four month old infant, Celebrity will do it for a six month old, and Royal Caribbean won't do it for a baby that is less than a year old.

Archived