Coral Provence Dining Room Table For 2

gigman

Although we were on Island Princess, because she is the twin to Coral I'll assume the seating arrangements are the same. So yes, there are several 2-person tables. The best, however, is table 94, port side, with a wall (bulkhead, technically speaking) behind it. It's really part of a larger table, but was set so that there was a space between it and the rest of the (big) table. We snagged it the first night of anytime dining by showing up at 5:30 when the dining room opened. Even though it was supposed to be open seating, it became "our" table for the duration of the cruise. And yes, I did tip the maitre d' after the fact. He said, "No need to," then said, "Maybe at the end of the cruise." But I was so happy with our table I gave him the money anyway. Great table. And a super maitre d'.

Just got off the Coral - Sept 26-Oct 11 thru the Canal. First sitting. Tables for 2 in Provence are very limited - didn't see any next to the windows - these were all tables for six or larger. For the Van-SF we had a table for 2 which was beside the office door for the Maitre D - so that in itself was busy - but were closer to a window. For the second leg of the trip SF - FLL, we actually moved several times from a large table of 10 down to a table for 4 (with delightful dinner companions). You might have better luck in the anytime dining - they place the tables differently and there were some for 2 by the windows. BTW - all the tables are close.

Archived