Retiring the Majesty in 2007

justbookit1

We just got off Norwegian Majesty mere hours ago. (Excellent cruise by the way...review forthcoming.) The ship's impending retirement was a hot topic throughout the cruise. We were assured by the Captain, cruise director, and others that N. Majesty will continue to sail to Bermuda next season (2007) and very likely in 2008, as well.

The issue with St. George's is not the town cut, but rather the space that ships have to turn around once they are in the Harbour. N. Majesty is about the longest ship that can do it -- the limit is something like 700 feet. (This was told to us at Latitudes party.) The latest news is that there are no plans to expand either of these areas.

I am so glad to hear that NCL will be keeping the Majesty a little longer. I've sailed on over 40 ships ranging from the QE2, the Dawn, Golden Princess and to the Regal Empress and the Majesty is tops in my book.

It's not the most glamorous ship, but when I step on board i feel like I am home.

Archived