Ft Lauderdale Tours

claudiaj

We do not have a flight out of FLL until 415PM. I was thinking out taking the shore excursion they offer of Ft Lauderdale that will get us to the airport about 130PM. Since I have never really been to FLL thought it might be interesting-any comments would be appreciated.

ClaudiaJ

We did the extended tour one time when we had a late flight. It isn't bad, and comes in very handy for killing some time before you need to be at the airport. You luggage goes right along on the tour bus with you, in the cargo hold, and they drop you off after the tour.

Definitely better than spending hours and hours sitting at the airport as you can't even check in your luggage if you arrive more than so many hours before your flight. Not sure, but I believe it was around 4 hours prior before you can check in your bags.

We've done the Flamingo gardens and Everglade airboat ride. I'd recommend it, it's much more interesting than sitting at FLL...and they do take your luggage in the bus right along with you. We saw alligators and all sorts of interesting things on the ride. The Flamingo gardens, while small, are well maintained and very interesting.

Yes, the airport is just a 5 minute taxi to the port and the beach. We usually check in our bags then head off to town. We have done the water taxi ride/tour that goes through all the inland waterways where you get to see beautiful homes, boats and yachts. The drivers point out all the celebrities’ homes and yachts. Cheap, relaxing and a lot of fun. You can be dropped off near the beach when you get hungry for some good food.

Kevin

We've done the Flamingo gardens and Everglade airboat ride. I'd recommend it, it's much more interesting than sitting at FLL...and they do take your luggage in the bus right along with you. We saw alligators and all sorts of interesting things on the ride. The Flamingo gardens, while small, are well maintained and very interesting.

I've done this tour too , it was much better than hanging around the airport and the bus dropped us right at our airline at the airport.

Archived