Everything Sensation, please!

umpalumpa14588

I have looked through every page of these threads, and haven't been able to find anything regarding Sensation. I have read reviews, and seen pics on Carnivals site, but was wondering if anyone had anything else to share? Any pics since their renovations? Will they be adding the water works too? If so, will it be before March? Help, I need to calm my excitment! Still too much time! Thanks!

Here's the link to the review I recently posted about the Sensation: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=624459

I know there are a ton more threads about the Sensation - use the search function nad I'm sure you will find any info you want.

If you have any other questions, I will be happy to share any info I have.

We sailed Sensation in April 06 and just returned on 10/4/07. We had a great time, this sailing was just DH and I. Last year we took DS 16YO at the time. I didn't write a review, but I will answer any questions you have.

Here are pics from this recent cruise!! http://community.webshots.com/user/lcantwait

Happy sailing

We did both Both Freeport and Nassau both years. Last year we did the Jeep Excursion through CCL and LOVED IT!! and the Snorkling in Nassau. This year we decided to do our own thing. In Freeport we just shopped some and it rained most of the day. In Nassau we did the free walking tour from the Fodor's website. It took about 2 hours to complete. Very Nice!! Then we shopped. Last year we also went to Atlantis Hotel.

If you have more questions, just ask & I'll try to answer!:)

We did Sensation in 2005. The dining room had just been redone (but not some of the other stuff). The dining room we went to was really cool changing colors with masks throught the dinner. Vegas-like but subtle. The sensation was our favorite ship of any we have been on. We liked the vegas bling, rooms are bigger on carnival compared to other lines. Dinners were suberb, especially the first night. If Tibor is still there - ask for him, one awesome waiter that will make your trip special.

L.A.S.T

Went on the Sensation last November for my first cruise and going again this year same time in an OV stateroom.Was on the Empress deck and liked it because I was only one deck below the activity decks.Not huge like the new mega-liners but still very enjoyable.Really like how you can eat out on the back of the Lido deck where it is open.Here is a picture.

BahamasNOV2006006.jpg

We sailed Sensation in April 06 and just returned on 10/4/07. We had a great time, this sailing was just DH and I. Last year we took DS 16YO at the time. I didn't write a review, but I will answer any questions you have.

Here are pics from this recent cruise!! http://community.webshots.com/user/lcantwait

Happy sailing

Hey! You were about our neighbors. We were in E177. So you were just on the other side of the ship. I thought that location was great. Only 1 level up to our dining room. And we were right near the elevators, so only a few levels up the the Seaview Grill. We didn't even get off the ship in Freeport because of the rain. In Nassau we just walked around, shopped, and took a carriage ride.

Looks like my wife, daughter and I were on the same 9/30-10/4 cruise as icantwait and ata1976 to the Bahamas. The ship is well kept and very clean, although the decor is outdated. The waterworks slide is there and was always busy. Also, that rear deck behind the Seaview is an awesome little surprise dining niche. I did not find it until half way through our cruise. What are you most excited to do on your cruise, maybe we can all help you get the most out of it? My review of Sensation (not yet posted) is not the most flattering, but it truly all depends on what you are looking for. If we can steer you away from the pitfalls and make your vacation wonderful, I am all for it.

FN

• 2 weeks later...
Went on the Sensation last November for my first cruise and going again this year same time in an OV stateroom.Was on the Empress deck and liked it because I was only one deck below the activity decks.Not huge like the new mega-liners but still very enjoyable.Really like how you can eat out on the back of the Lido deck where it is open.Here is a picture.

BahamasNOV2006006.jpg

We loved eating out back on the Lido deck as well. Most everyone seemed to eat inside or near the pool, so these 2 smaller sections were almost always empty.

I have looked through every page of these threads, and haven't been able to find anything regarding Sensation. I have read reviews, and seen pics on Carnivals site, but was wondering if anyone had anything else to share? Any pics since their renovations? Will they be adding the water works too? If so, will it be before March? Help, I need to calm my excitment! Still too much time! Thanks!

I just finished my review of the Sensation and it's here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=652692

We sailed on 10/21 and got back last Thursday. It's pretty detailed so I hope you find it useful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sensation was the first to get the renovation and from what I understand, the 9 hole golf course is new. There will not be the water wars on this one. I did not see it before the renovation, so I don't know what else is new. We also just had the midnight buffet of Mexican food. It was raining so it was moved inside to the Buffet restaraunt.

Archived