Great Carnival Legend Food

ExCruiseMe

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Legend. We had a great time and the food was incredible. One day for their buffet theme, they had Carribean. There were two dishes that were amazing; one was a black bean and rice and the other was either pork or beef in a dark brown gravy sauce. I didn't get a chance to get the name of the dishes because the chefs started taking the food back into the kitchen by the time I got the chance. I was just wondering if anyone has the recipe for both of these dishes. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Legend. We had a great time and the food was incredible. One day for their buffet theme, they had Carribean. There were two dishes that were amazing; one was a black bean and rice and the other was either pork or beef in a dark brown gravy sauce. I didn't get a chance to get the name of the dishes because the chefs started taking the food back into the kitchen by the time I got the chance. I was just wondering if anyone has the recipe for both of these dishes. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

The closest I could get to the black beans and rice dish is something they call Texas taco salad. Try and google that. or try one of the boards where you can talk with a cruise member.

Itty

I might be able to help you with the black bean and rice (called rice and beans/peas or beans/peas and rice in some Caribbean islands). Soak about 1/2 cup of beans overnight in water with garlic cloves. Boil beans in fresh water (do not add salt) until they are cooked. Boil 1 cup of rice in 2 cups water with oninons, salt and any other spice you like. When the rice is almost cooked add the beans.

Archived