First Timer/Questions on the Park

djm66

Hi everyone, my hubby, and 2 kids age 16 & 11 are first timers. We will be on the Holiday the 18th and arrive in Cozumel on the 19th. Can we participate at the park swimming and relaxing without signing up for a excursion? Also, I heard about the little golf carts for rent, are they worth the price? or is a taxi better... I will take any recommendations on what to do.. Thanks so much...

If you are talking about Chankanaab Park you can go on your own or to any of the beach clubs. Just grab a taxi outside the terminal, they are lined up for miles wiating for you and head to the beach of your choice.

You must be referring to electric cars and I don't recommend that mode of transportation. They haven't the power to safely enter some faster moving lanes of traffic and are less protective of the body in the event you have some accident.

Contact Less Pay and rent an automobile, a jeep if you need to be "outside" and get all the extra insurance they offer.

Great! Thanks we just want to be prepared....

http://www.cozumelparks.org.mx/eng/parks-chankanaab.asp

do you already have this coupon for the park entrance fee?

we went here and it was great, if you snorkel, there isnt really a beach entrance to the water...it is rock stairs and it is deep for snorkeling.

I tried to learn to snorkel at the park and couldn't do it. There is no gradual decline from shallow to deep. You get down the stairs, and it's deep. No matter how hard I tried, I would start swimming and then be right back holding on to the rope.

The next day, we went to a beach with a gradual increase in depth. Within a few minutes, I had the hang of it.

Archived