Salsa Dancing in San Juan?

heychadwick

Hello!

My wife and I have been taking salsa dancing lessons with the idea that we will go out dancing for a night before our cruise takes off. We aren't the best dancers, but enjoying the lessons. Is there anywhere that anyone knows of to go salsa dancing?

We too take salsa lessons before our 25th wedding anniversary cruise in 2005...... for exactly the same reason you are !!!!!

We went to Nuyorican first but they had jazz band that night. So they don't always have salsa :( we then headed over to The Rumba Club. This is the place where "Dirty Dancing - Havana Nights" was filmed. It is a small club (we paid no cover) not fancy..... where ALOT of locals go to salsa. They had an AWESOME 7-piece salsa band the night we were there. Very loud and very good. We had more fun watching the locals dance than doing it ourselves. Not that we were not dancing :D it is just mesmerizing to watch them ;) They really really know how !

We loved everything about our 3 day/2 night stay in San Juan before our cruise. We do plan to go back someday for a land vacation.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Marriot & Stellaris resort last summer. On a Saturday night there is a salsa band playing in the lobby and the locals come there to dance - I could have watched them all night! Fantastic and well worth a visit, even if you're not staying there!

We've been to Rumba and they don't even really open the doors until 11pm. The night we were there they didn't really get the party started until closer to 1am. The band was playing earlier, but there just weren't a lot of people there until later. Be prepared that it is really small and really, really loud! Or I am just old.

• 5 months later...

Archived