Photos of handicapped cabins needed.

Baseball Lover

Do not have any pictures of handicapped cabins but my wife is in a wheelchair and we are familiar with the handicapped cabins.

Generally the showers are the type where you can slide over to a shower chair and the person can sit and take a shower. All you have to do is let the stewart know your requirements or have yur TA notify HAL of your requirements and the equipment will be in your room.

Big difference between handicapped and non handicapped is getting around the bed and to the verandah. Handicapped room you cn and in regular room you cannot get a wheelchai around the bed.

May want to contact HAL for diagram with measurements.

If any more specific questions please email us...

Have a great cruise

Ruth & Jim

You will find that there are a lot of us that post frequently and we have cruised together and have gotten to know each other. It is a small community and for the most part everyone is real nice and reapectfull and willing to answer a lot of question for new people on the boards.

You would be surprised how many times the same question is asked....

Have a great cruise

Ruth & Jim

What ship and what room?

You can either email HAL's Access and Compliance dept or I had gotten quite a few pics when I was trying to figure out what room for my mom for the Oosterdam cruise I just took.

I MAY have pics for the room you wanna see (MIGHT)

:)

HAL's department of compliance has photographs of most of the HC rooms on the various ships.

When we were considering taking the Maasdam and the Volendam, we received several pix from HAL of the rooms we were thinking of booking.

On the Vista, are you thinking of a VA? Or an SS?

We've stayed in both.

My husband, who is in a power wheelchair, preferred the layout of the VA because the bathroom was more accessible.

But both rooms offered sufficient space in which to maneuver a wheelchair.

Archived