Upgrade/Upsell question

Haylilli

I used to live on Oahu, and I'm taking my DH back there next year for a reunion. Even though I lived there, we're taking the cruise so he can get a taste of several of the islands! I thought this would be preferable to spending three or four days each on three different islands -- that way we'd have to skip at least one of the islands the cruise hits. And, the only way to see the lava hit the sea is either from the air or from the sea! Can't wait to see that by night!!!

Oh, Becky!!! Lucky you, living in paradise.

I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting again, and you'll be able to show your DH all of the sites. I would think it would be economical also. I've heard Hawaii is fairly expensive for a land vacation, but don't know firsthand.

A cruise is always a perfect choice for us.

Jackie

Oh, Becky!!! Lucky you, living in paradise.

I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting again, and you'll be able to show your DH all of the sites. I would think it would be economical also. I've heard Hawaii is fairly expensive for a land vacation, but don't know firsthand.

A cruise is always a perfect choice for us.

Jackie

Actually, current prices on NCLA are making this MORE expensive than a land-based vacation for us! :eek: (At least 50% more.But I've got some "inside information," too, that's saving a big bucks.) I'm waiting for prices to come down before I book. I've already got a land-based vacation booked, but will cancel if NCLA comes to its senses on the pricing.

Wow, I thought the prices had gone down. Maybe that was before they lost the POH? I hope the prices come down for you and you're able to cruise the islands.

I'm still pretty far out from sailing (June 2008), so that's why I'm holding out. If prices don't come down anywhere near where they have in the past, then I'll stick with my land based vacation. $200/night for a bottom-level balcony category is just ridiculous, IMHO. Of course, it seems like that's a lot of other peoples' opinion, too, as they're nowhere near the level of booking they should be this far out. ;)

I'm still pretty far out from sailing (June 2008), so that's why I'm holding out. If prices don't come down anywhere near where they have in the past, then I'll stick with my land based vacation. $200/night for a bottom-level balcony category is just ridiculous, IMHO. Of course, it seems like that's a lot of other peoples' opinion, too, as they're nowhere near the level of booking they should be this far out. ;)

I would hold out too, especially where you have something to fall back on.

I always book very close to sailing and have had some great deals. I'm looking at booking in April on the Gem since that's when DH has one of his vacation weeks. I'm not crazy about March or April since they're school vacation, but I don't have a lot of choices now that he's changed jobs. We'll make due and have a great time either way. :D

I'm also watching the 2 nighter out of Boston since it would be so convenient. Would love to check the Gem out after hearing about it. ;)

No, almost never.

Please folks, they just asked and I answered. Can we not start another 300 reply thread about this policy? Please?

Now, back to the Upgrade/Upsell question. Yes, I have heard of people getting upsell to Garden Villa from Suites. Not us.

Hee HA , I know what you are saying . Just had to laugh.

Please god dont let it start again.:p

mpk

Mr Lee,

I agree you are very lucky! What category do you usually book that you are offered upsell from? Just curious. Thanks.

I book guarantee or the cheapest room availible in the category I want. I've booked inside, OV and Balcony. If you book early enough, they usually end up with folks wanting to book your category and you can get the upgrade. This isn't an NCL thing, it's been on the 4 lines I've sailed. Last year on the Dream I booked an L and was given EE, this year I booked BD and got BA on the upcoming Dawn cruise.

Archived