Another Dolphin Question...SORRY!! :-)

Dolphin Dreamer

Okay, so I have yet another question about the swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park. Does anyone know for sure a way to verify the time difference, ship vs. island? Our itinerary says we will be at Cozumel from 10:00am - 7:00pm. The only time they had left for our excursion is 11:00am. The lady at Cozumel Insider told me we'd make it, but no one for some reason can explain to me how the time is. Does the ship automatically change the time according to where we're going? So will we dock at 10 Cozumel time and have an hour to get off and get to the excursion? or will it really be a different time there? HELP!! I'm so confused and this is the one and only part of my vacation that if it doesn't go right, I will be ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED!!! Thanks anyone who can calm my nerves about this!

If your itinerary says that you're in Cozumel from 10am to 7pm, that is ship time (which would be eastern standard time). Cozumel is in the central time zone, so you are in Cozumel from 9am to 6pm Cozumel time. So.....if your Dolphin experience is at 1100am, you would have 2 hours to make it there.

Remember though, people who book tours through the ship get first priority off of the ship and depending on how many ships are in port, you will probably be tendering into Cozumel, so it could take you awhile to get off of your ship, assuming that you are booking the dolphin experience on your own. Good luck.

I have to disagree with the previous post. My cruise is also docking at Cozumel at 10, I also scheduled a dolphin swim, and I wanted to know your same exact question! Well, I am cruising Carnival, so I just called and asked them. They told me they posted times in PORT TIME: meaning that 10am is 10 am Cozumel time.

Knowing me, I will probably call back and ask again just to be 100% sure. :p

So I strongly suggest you just give a quick call to your cruise line.

Archived