Beach House Restaurant- Vancouver

fajitapita

Has anyone ever eaten here? Is the food worth the $ ? I've read that it's a great place to watch the cruise ships leave in the evening. Does anyone know if there are other/better restaurants that offer great views of the ships?

***Nancy***

Song of Norway 12/79

Tropicale 12/84

Explorer of the Seas 8/3/02

Mariner of the Seas 1/4/04

Serenading to Alaska for our 10th anniversary!

Roll call for Serenade 8/1/04 click here

Time until our next cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

I live about a 5 minute walk from this restaurant (Beach House at Dundarave Pier), which is in West Vancouver. We go there ourselves, which to me indicates that it isn't just for unsuspecting tourists about to be gouged.

Their prices, while not cheap, are reasonable for the setting(particularly for those with US dollars!)and the food is nice. Menu and prices are on their website. Call ahead and book a spot on the deck (or go early, e.g, right at 5, and you should get in).

As to other places with a good view of departing ships...hmmm, this is probably about the best. We have lots of view restaurants, but not necessarily ones that the ships pass right by.

If you want a cheaper alternative, buy some picnic fare in the Dundarave village and eat in the adjacent park (same view). If you made your way a bit west on the beach, you could probably get away with discreetly smuggling in some liquid refreshments to enjoy with your meal (don't say I told you). There is a nice wine store in the village. Enjoy your time in the city.

Thank you for your reply, Vancouver, B.C. I can't wait to visit your beautiful city! These boards are wonderful! I've planned my entire trip based on recommendations from fellow CC'ers. Looking forward to writing a review when I return! (Actually, don't want to rush my trip, but at least writing the review afterwards will bring back (hopefully) wonderful memories, I'm sure!)

***Nancy***

Song of Norway 12/79

Tropicale 12/84

Explorer of the Seas 8/3/02

Mariner of the Seas 1/4/04

Serenading to Alaska for our 10th anniversary!

Roll call for Serenade 8/1/04 click here

Time until our next cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Archived