car rental drop off port of miami

tapdancer_pm

Yes, it was pretty easy. You drop the car off at the car rental building and there is an attendant to do the paperwork, you can then grab the shuttle bus and it will take you to your terminal building. No hassles

Darn, I was kinda hoping there was no shuttle involved at drop off (with tons of luggage :rolleyes: ) Another poster had said when arriving they just had to walk across to the garage, I was hoping drop off was that simple too:p

i have done it many times

always with thrifty

any combination -fll to mia port

fll to port everglades

they have shuttles for all ports and the prices are the best

hope this helps

Which Thrifty location did you drop off at for the Port of Miami?

Darn, I was kinda hoping there was no shuttle involved at drop off (with tons of luggage :rolleyes: ) Another poster had said when arriving they just had to walk across to the garage, I was hoping drop off was that simple too:p

I guess it depends on what airline you are on. We had to take the shuttle

My guess is you selected the WRONG return location on your reservation - you should select an in-town Hertz Local Office, instead of the one at MIA.

When you search Hertz locations, you should be able to see the right location to use.

Mind you, most in-town offices of virtually all rental car companies close at noon on Sunday, with very very few exceptions. So there might be your problem - you could not return the car before noon, thus it defaults to Airport drop-off on your reservation - or you simply did not pay attention.

Hmm, never realized I should have selected an in-town Hertz local office. Which one would that be for the Port of Miami.

We didn't return the car on Sunday. We actually drove from Marco Island on Saturday and returned the car the same day. We stayed overnight at the Intercontinental Hotel before boarding the ship on Sunday.

For the future, which drop off should we select if we want transportation to the Port of Miami. If we could have been dropped off at the port, the cab charge from the port to the Intercontinental would have been about $8 vs the $25 it cost from the airport to the IC.

Archived