Blue Hole

AdventureSeeker

I've seen pictures of the "Blue Hole" and it looks spectacular...I'd love to go out and snorkel or dive there, but I haven't found any information from the cruiseline (Holland America). Does anyone know if it's too far from where the cruise ships dock to be feasible? Does anyone know of any tours that would take me out there?

Thanks!

I've seen pictures of the "Blue Hole" and it looks spectacular...I'd love to go out and snorkel or dive there, but I haven't found any information from the cruiseline (Holland America). Does anyone know if it's too far from where the cruise ships dock to be feasible? Does anyone know of any tours that would take me out there?

Thanks!

I contacted a few different independent dive shops and none of them were willing to go to the atoll from Belize City, too far. We ended up booking an excursion with the ship (Carnival) that goes to Turneffe Atoll. They offer snorkeling or diving. The description says that it is about an hour of a boat ride from the ship to get there. If you go to the the scuba/snorkeling discussion area and search Belize several people talk about diving & snorkeling in the area.

Archived