Question for crusinmama06 or anyone else who's been...

abba_dabba_doo

to Coral World in St. Thomas? I think I remember you saying somewhere that you've been w/your kids. How easy is it to get there? I'd much rather just grab a taxi, then pay for the excursion thru the ship. Did your kids enjoy it?

We went by Taxi last December and it was easy. If I remember correctly someone from Coral World called for a Taxi when we were ready to leave, but in case I have my islands mixed up every island we go to we always ask the driver how to get a cab back. You'll have a great time.

We grabbed a taxi from the port, no problem. Same for when we wanted to return.

After spending some time at Coral World you should walk over to the beach next door, Coki Beach. Bring snorkel gear or rent it there and you can swim with the fish that you just saw at Coral World.

They have one of those old fashioned machines that smash a penny or dime. So bring several along for the kids to take home with St Thomas and Coral World smashed into them. The little ones like to crank the handle and watch the penny change shape. Like others have said, easy to get there and back via taxi.

We went to Coral World last year as part of Godfrey's tour. I think it would be easy enough to do with a taxi. Our kids loved it, especially the underwater viewing area and the shark area. There was also a nice "touch pool" for the kids. We didn't go to Coki Beach, but it looked great and I'd like to try it if we get back to St. Thomas.

Unfortunatly we paid for the Coral World Excursion through Disney. That was back in 2005 before I knew any better...lol. Now I would take a taxi and spend some time at Coki Beach.

Here are some of our pics from 2005...

Gab-CoralWorld.jpg

CoralWorld3.jpg

CoralWorld2.jpg

CoralWorld1.jpg

Love the pics - you're DD's are cute :)

Unfortunatly we paid for the Coral World Excursion through Disney. That was back in 2005 before I knew any better...lol. Now I would take a taxi and spend some time at Coki Beach.

Here are some of our pics from 2005...

Gab-CoralWorld.jpg

CoralWorld3.jpg

CoralWorld2.jpg

CoralWorld1.jpg

Love the pics - your DD's are cute:)

Thanks. It's so funny to me to see pics of them from 2 years ago because they have grown up so much since then. :D

I know....time flies and they grow up way too fast!! I was just looking at my youngest DD's birth pictures (or "birf" as she says :) ), she's almost 4 now and I can barely remember her as an infant :(

Archived